A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You'll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC's strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology
Demonstrates extensive-level abilities and/or proven record of success in the following areas of application development:
* Using C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework 3.5 and later;
* Using NodeJS;
* Orchestrating Microservices to create business APIs and REST API design and creation;
* Implementing within APIM platform and knowledge of security models with hands on experience with API management platforms (MuleSoft, Apigee, Layer 7, Kong or others);
* Demonstrating experience with API testing including test automation, load and performance testing;
* Managing and implementing SLA of highly available, robust and scalable API platform and platform sizing;
* Engaging with SSO and integrating with various enterprise IdAM platforms and NoSQL database (DocumentDB, Cloud Datastore, MongoDB);
* Working with Source control using GIT, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Ant, TFS;
* Testing Unit experience such as JUnit, nUnit or MOQ;
* Implementing CI/CD pipelines and DevOps practices; and,
* Working with Cloud based platforms and services (Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, AWS).
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
* Utilizing technical systems and solution architecture to translate business plans into application technical objectives;
* Serving as a trusted advisor to business stakeholders and relationship teams providing thought leadership to promote innovation and/or cost reduction;
* Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative & waterfall to support the success of the organization;
* Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models;
* Demonstrating history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
* Displaying initiative and ability to develop applications in a self-directed and self-disciplined manner;
* Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
* Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
* Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members;
* Demonstrating ability to identify robust analytical thinking skills with the, debug, and resolve technical issues;
* Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues;
* Providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to application technology guidelines;
* Understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
* Demonstrating significant contributions to deliver solutions within an Agile methodology, while establishing quality, timeliness and adherence to good architectural practice and guidelines;
* Designing, improving and integrating business processes across disparate systems; and,
* Participating in design standards work streams up through ratification in the governance process, working with multi-territory representatives and technical architects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global provider of auditing, accounting, and assurance services for organizations and individuals.