You will be providing voice services for literally millions of game players around the world every day, and operating our software in the cloud, on our own hardware, and in data-centers around the globe. We do this at massive scale, while ensuring our users enjoy a high-quality voice experience. We are looking for a talented, driven, and dedicated engineer. We have a continuous need for innovation to meet the needs of our evolving environment. Join our extremely efficient but growing Ops team to work with an extensive array of technologies at global scale. We provide great work flexibility and you'll never be bored.
Vivox, part of Unity, is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world's largest games including Fortnite, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100m people every month in every country on the planet.
* Evolving high-density scaling (we're talking millions of users in a rack)
* Advancing our automation efforts to improve SLA and efficiency
* HA across and between a number of different systems
* Global multi-datacenter footprint
* Fluid movement between bare-metal, private cloud and commercial cloud
* On-call rotation with the rest of the team
* Strong Linux Systems Admin (CentOS, Spacewalk)
* Strong automation experience (Puppet, Salt)
* Strong in virtualization technology (OpenStack, Docker, VMWare)
* Strong programming skills in a scripted language (Python, Ruby, BASH)
* Efficiency with elastic architectures and cloud implementations (AWS, GCP, Terraform)
* Experience using and expanding monitoring tools (Xymon, Observium)
* Strong system troubleshooting skills with always-on, highly available systems
* Ability to exploit reporting tools to increase productivity (InfluxDB, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana etc.)
* Familiarity with running/tuning SQL servers
* Architected and/or deployed large scale orchestration system (i.e. Kubernetes, Foreman)
* Experience working with and building complex, highly available and scalable real-time services
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and - working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft - ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies offers a high-performance end-to-end development platform for creating beautiful and engaging 2D, 3D, VR and AR games and apps.