At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will be working on Dragon Medical One. We are the industry-leading speech recognition and response technology. You will work with a team of developers, QAs and documentation staff in the development of new voice assistance products for the doctors, nurses and administrative medical staff to streamline workflows with industry leading electronic medical records systems. The candidate will be a self-starter and will work on multiple deliverables with dynamic schedules in an Agile Scrum environment.You will be:
* Building international Data Centers
* Deploying our products to the cloud environment (Azure)
* Extending our Configuration management
* Extending our monitoring capabilities
* Supporting our Dragon Medical One environments.
* Performing tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
You should have:
* Ideally a minimum of 5 years work experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with development engineering and other functions.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
* Accomplished at balancing security and usability with novel approaches to isolation and access.
* Strong coding skills in Python, Powershell.
* Experience with source control tools such as Git.
* Experience with build tools such as VSTS, Jenkins or Bamboo.
* Strong general Linux OR Windows experience.
* Strong understanding of cloud concepts (Azure, AWS. Google cloud) and Infrastructure as Code.
* Min 1 year experience using a configuration management tool such as SaltStack, Chef.
* Min 1 year experience in a development operations role
* BSc / MSc in computer science or related discipline OR equivalent work experience
Ideal but not essential are:
* Experience of Microsoft Azure, Azure ARM Templating, Azure SQL
* Experience developing, deploying and integrating monitoring solutions
* Experience with immutable infrastructure
* Ability to build, use and configure metrics collection, reporting and alerting systems
* Network troubleshooting experience and any Cisco knowledge, CCNA etc
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.