Title: Sr Site Reliability Engineer
Job ID: 1197
Chicago, IL, US
Category: Information Technology
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We're here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we're there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Do you want to help build, run, and improve bleeding-edge containerized microservices in the cloud? Do you get excited about digging deep into hard problems and push hard to make sure they auto-heal next time they return? We're looking for smart engineers who love being pushed beyond their comfort zone and get excited about helping increase the rate of check-in to deployment.
About the role
We're looking to add to our Site Reliability Engineering team, where you'll be a core part of a team that's passionate about building intelligent systems, amplifying feedback loops, and continual experimentation. In this role, you'll have a broad field of influence and work alongside multiple multi-functional teams, automating cloud operations, crafting tools, improving CI/CD pipelines, evangelizing cloud internally, and assisting development teams with their monitoring/alerting/response processes.
What you could be doing:
In any given week, you may find yourself:
* Helping to plan out a migration of monolithic services into a containerized cloud platform
* Tuning a build pipeline to make best use of existing resources
* Improving monitoring and alerting systems that will increase our agility and reliability
* Developing standard methodologies for using cloud technologies across teams
* Providing expertise to ensure we're building fault tolerant, performance and secure solutions
* Serving as an escalation-point for developers, product owners and support staff
You may be the right fit if you have:
* An intermediate understanding of some development or scripting language (PowerShell, Groovy, Python, Golang, C#, etc)
* An advanced ability to operate and manage Linux/Windows workloads
* A deep understanding of the fundamentals of TCP/IP, Load Balancing, DNS, CDN, Reverse Proxies and other solutions used in large complex distributed systems
* An intermediate understanding of container management and orchestration (We use Docker & Kubernetes)
* An advanced ability to isolate problems quickly and act on intuition in the heat of the moment
* Working experience in a role where the business runs on a modern cloud service and have been directly responsible for portions of leading the use of that cloud
* You relish in the idea of being able to automate something on your plate and provide self-service to other teams
* You are interested in building out cross-cluster service meshes in Kubernetes and getting deep into the bleeding-edge of container technology
* You have experience in Information Security practices and principles and always prefer least-user privilege and tightly controlled access between critical services
* You are always learning and you are comfortable immersing yourself in areas you have never worked in before.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science or 2+ years of development or scripting language (PowerShell, Groovy, Python, Golang, C#, etc)
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to AccommodationRequests@dfinsolutions.com.