Keeping up with rapid customer growth is an ongoing challenge. In the Data Center Services team, our job is to build intelligent and sustainable software to do just that. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to help conceive, define, develop and deploy solutions which help Box control and scale its infrastructure.
Why the team needs you
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a Senior Ops Infrastructure Engineer with a passion for automation. You will spend your time working on an internal systems which are used to automate device provisioning, track hosts/services and their metadata, and perform automated operations in order to scale Box. To be successful you will create internal web apps, API's, frameworks and tools which streamline our workflows and automate all aspects of our infrastructure.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is uniquely positioned to change the world by helping enterprises transform how people work together. Box needs you to help build and support our cloud platform!
Why you need Box
You are going to have the unique opportunity to not only take an active role in managing millions of dollars of servers, but also participate in the architecture, build and design process of our private and multi-public cloud provider solution with the highest level of security that any company has to deal with. As you help drive and scale our infrastructure automation, you will work with cutting-edge technologies. You will have visibility across all of Engineering and have impact directly on the entire business.
* Design and operate our bare metal provisioning processes and frameworks.
* Participate in an internal oncall rotation
* Lead the team in designing and developing tooling and abstractions that streamline workflows
* Identify problems, develop, deploy and maintain solutions which automate all aspects of Box's Infrastructure
* Contribute to the company's overall platform strategy, with a focus on infrastructure automation
* Participate in, and often drive, architecture decisions for Box's infrastructure
* Collaborate with coworkers on code design decisions and learn from each other
* Expand your knowledge of good design practices
Qualifications (Must Have)
* 5+ years experience with scalable bare metal provisioning processes and frameworks (MAAS, Ironic, Cobbler, etc)
* Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Redfish, Ansible, etc).
* Experience using MegaCli and StorCLI
* Some experience with Python
* Knowledge of Linux environments, kickstart, and PXE
* Strong coding skills with a passion for writing clean, well tested and maintainable code
* Passion for learning and adopting new technologies with a focus on finding the right tool for the job
* Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and technologies
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Box is a company that provides an online file sharing and cloud content management service.