The Senior Site Reliability Engineer maintains, integrates and implements software applications within the organization. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Role: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Assignment: Digital Health and Analytics
Location: Campbell, CA or San Diego, CA
Humana Inc., is redefining how population health is managed, measured and implemented by providing The Platform for Population Wellness. Our HealthLogix™ technology platform and unified solution suite helps health systems care teams and patients transition from episodic to proactive care for long-term wellness. By providing solutions and insights that support a more proactive, person-centric approach to care, we are powering a better care experience, giving people the freedom to make confident decisions, and helping to empower care teams, not tools, to improve the health and long-term wellness of populations.
Humana offers world-class support and resources to provide a professional and enjoyable working environment.
Summary of Duties:
Humana is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to work with the software engineering teams to ensure that compilation, assembly, and delivery of our source code is executed with precision. The Senior Site Reliability Engineer coordinates software application testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation and support to ensure smooth, stable and timely implementation of new software and updates to installed applications.
5 years minimum of professional experience as a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer, 8 years minimum software development industry experience. Strong knowledge of source code repository administration (git), build setup and administration (Jenkins and Jenkins Job DSL) and superior experience utilizing software build/configuration tools such as Maven and Gradle is essential. This role will maintain services in the engineering environment once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health. In addition, at senior level, (1) Ensures proper controls are established and maintained over test and production systems and software source code. (2) Begins to influence department's strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components. (3) Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
* Bachelor's Degree or above (Computer Science, Bio Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering or any related field)
* Effective communication with other teams and co-workers.
* Automation of scripts.
* Daily maintenance of source repositories.
* Distributed deployment and install of releases to single/multiple-host environment.
* Proficiency in Linux.
* Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems (Micro Services).
* Systematic problem-solving approach, combined with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
* Automated Build implementation using Jenkins.
* Proficiency in Jenkins Job DSL (or Jenkins 2.0).
* Proficiency in code quality tools such as SonarQube or similar.
* Proficiency in Docker.
* Proficiency in build repository tools such as Artifactory or similar.
* Proficiency in automated deployment tools such as Kubernetes or similar.
* Ability to identify and communicate code metrics (quality, performance, security, etc.) identified in the build process.
* Git and GitHub Source Control - Branching / Merging / Tagging.
* Ability to coordinate and work with other Site Reliability Engineers in local and remote offices.
* Experience with agile based iterative development (Scrum) and knowledge of software engineering best practices
* Java programming experience.
* Proficiency in shell scripting.
* Proficient with Virtualization technologies such as AWS.
* Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence.
* Experience with Chef, Puppet, or any other software configuration management tool is a huge plus.
* iOS Mobile build experience.
You will report to a Technology Manager. This area is under the leadership of the VP of Engineering.
Scheduled Weekly Hours