It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
The Verizon Media Workflow Solutions team provides powerful workflow solutions and analytics that power productivity of teams across Verizon Media. We encourage new ideas and continuously experiment and evaluate new technologies to provide the best in class tools for employees worldwide. We provide end-to-end workflow solutions that deliver outstanding user experience for customers and are highly efficient for teams.
This position is for a Full-stack Software engineer who will be working on core infrastructure and enterprise workflow functionality. You will be responsible for:
* Discussing needs with stakeholders/customers to understand requirements
* Designing and implementing features for infrastructure and enterprise workflow solutions
* Building applications/systems that are testable, maintainable, extensible and highly efficient
* Documenting, testing and ongoing support of enterprise systems
* Recommending modifications to processes and procedures, and contributing to best practices, architecture and implementations
* Promoting and soliciting ideas within project teams; may lead certain elements of projects
* Undergraduate degree (Graduate degree preferred) in computer science, engineering, or a related field and 6-9 years of experience related to software development or implementation
* Experience developing applications using ServiceNow ServicePortal
* Comprehensive knowledge of software engineering processes, tools, methods, test development and support
* Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems and UNIX/Linux environments
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.