Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Sr. Server & Platform Engineer
* Strong architectural knowledge in cloud virtualization platforms like VMWare, Microsoft VMM and Hyper-V
* Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
* Experience with designing, deploying and managing enterprise-scale Storage Technologies (SAN/NAS), including Hardware & Software (EMC/ Network Appliance/ NetApp)
* Infrastructure automation development, script writing and implementation with PowerShell
* Designing and implementing enterprise-scale server solutions that comply with consolidation and standardization initiatives
Other Skills Required
* Experience with Enterprise ticket management systems for problem resolution and evidence capture.
* Experience with designing and implementing private cloud solutions for critical business systems supporting enterprise architecture
* Knowledge of Datacenter/Server Operational Components (Monitoring, Management, etc.), to include Microsoft Systems Center Suite inc. SCOM and VMM
* Ability to support Help Desk, Incident, and Problem Management for Tier 3-4 incidents
* Experience implementing and maintaining agile and DevOps methodologies
* Experience with and ability to make clear and convincing presentations, both oral and written, presenting and recommending strategies that influence management decisions and technology solutions
* Implementing disaster recovery processes and procedures
* Performance tuning of servers and related systems
* Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and tuning of virtual infrastructure (both hardware and software components
* Perform incident resolution and root cause problem determination to ensure availability and stability of virtual platforms according to established service level agreements by working individually or in a multidisciplinary team
* Work after hours and on the weekends as necessary (patching, incident management);
* Manages service requests and executes standard changes with minimal supervision;
* Deploys, maintains and troubleshoots multiple virtualized environments (DevTest, Stage Production) and provide systems administrator support to business units and clients;
* Application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation of current and future configuration processes and policies.
* This role is key to the technical and Operations teams in gathering requirements, design, implement, troubleshoot issues, and provide customer service.
* Manages and coordinates the deployment, and expansion of Client Server technologies, monitoring, and refinement, researching solutions to existing problems.
* Monitor site stability and performance; Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, and security administration.
* Planning and managing capacity planning activities in case of Private cloud
* Master's degree or higher and/or >15 years of experience.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.