The Sr. Server Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the current IT systems environment on a day-to-day basis, setting up new servers and work closely with all members of the Technical Support team to respond to and resolve complex systems issues in a timely fashion. Furthermore he/she will work with our Support team to implement new solutions. This position will need to provide quality service with exemplary professionalism in a fast paced technical environment. The best candidate will have the ability to learn and adjust quickly to a growing, ever-changing environment. Only highly enthusiastic, positive minded individuals need apply. Essential requirements include excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivation, dependability, flexibility, outgoing and friendly attitude, and the ability to communicate technical issues. A Senior at Healthfirst provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. His/her solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The individual at this level will embody Healthfirst's Culture Drivers through his/her workplace behavior.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Server Specialist will manage the server/storage infrastructure. This is to include server hardware, Operating System and supported applications (i.e. Citrix, VMWare, SharePoint, EMC/HP SAN, etc). Backup system administration. DR preparation and testing.
* Monitor, manage, and maintain systems environment.
* VDI, virtualize Applications and to eliminate the dependency of legacy operating systems.
* Resolve complex systems problems. Fine tune system setting to make sure the Infrastructure is functioning and used optimally
* Create and update documentation.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED
* Advanced Word, Excel and Outlook skills
* Demonstrated working knowledge of task automation using standard IT scripting languages (Perl, Python, shell, PowerShell, Task Scheduler, cron, etc.) on Window.
* Experience in working with EMC/HP storage technologies including SAN, NAS, iSCSI, RAID levels, LUN management, etc.
* Experience working in a virtualized environment (Xen, Hyper-V, VMWare, etc.).
* Experience monitoring systems and practices Demonstrated ability to think critically and solve complex issues.
* Experience administering Microsoft Active Directory or Exchange Knowledge.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience administering SQL 2005/2008 database environments
* Experience with higher availability systems, including clusters and load balancing techniques.
* Experience Disaster Recovery preparation and testing.
* Experience in Data center operations and Server and rack management.
* Demonstrated work experience with backup and recovery system using DDUP technologies.
* Proven ability to prioritize across multiple projects and meet deadlines Experience adapting in a dynamic work environment.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law, and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement