VectorUSA is looking for a Sr. Security Technician for either our Torrance headquarters or our Rancho Cucamonga branch office. This is an opportunity to join the expanding installation team of a well-established, growing technology company. We are looking for a motivated technician with 5+ years' experience with IP/CCTV Surveillance and Access Control Systems. This is an in-field job, and this person will work side-by-side with other techs.
Note: This is NOT a live event or production support position.
VectorUSA is a premiere technology company, designing, building and maintaining voice, data and video networks throughout the country. With 30 years of experience and more than 375 employees, we work closely with our technical partners to provide customized solutions for public and private K-12 and higher ed schools, ports and terminals, hospitals, large and small commercial enterprises, and state, local, and federal agencies.
We understand the complex demands of today's dynamic technology environment. The breadth of our services and the depth of our expertise give us exceptional abilities to deliver the best network solutions for our customers. As Vector expands our range of services, we continue to deliver smart technology solutions including Unified Communications and Collaboration, Innovative Infrastructure, Intelligent Surveillance, and Managed Solutions, helping businesses operate more securely and efficiently.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
* Support Field Management on all phases of new system installations and existing system upgrade projects assigned to you * Staging, programming and testing systems prior to installation * Coordinate and execute installation and service based tasks, including network diagnosis, cable termination, equipment placement and mounting, media testing, etc.
* At least five (5)+ years of experience with hands on participation in technical security installations and/or maintenance, including systems such as Vicon, OnSSI, Milestone or Cisco VSOM or at least five (5)+ years of experience with Identiv (Hirsch), PCSC, Keyscan or AMAG
* Experience in integrating surveillance and access control systems
* Have working knowledge and understanding of Access Control hardware, Intrusion Detection systems, CCTV and IP Surveillance equipment and systems
* Have working knowledge and understanding of basic electronics
* Possess the ability to use diagnostic equipment/software and established troubleshooting techniques to isolate network deficiencies, equipment failures and operational anomalies
* Ability to read, interpret electrical and electromechanical schematics and architectural drawings
* Communicate effectively with Design Engineers and other staff
* Understand specifications and capabilities of Sony, Pelco, Hanwha and Axis security products.
* Able to install and properly mount network accessories (cameras, readers, mounts, brackets, etc)
* Able to pull and terminate copper cables
* Understand network structure, design, connectivity and IP addresses
* Understand and follows safety guidelines (OSHA) * Able to install software and scan network for devices * Able to safely use ladders and operate scissor and articulating lifts * Good job management skills (attention to budget, materials, constraints, daily reports to clients and management team, etc.) * Assign, configure ports and creates VLANs for Cisco or HP switches (CCNA certification is preferred)
* Strong attention to detail, good documentation skills, ability to write clear, concise project reports * Ability to function with minimal instruction or supervision, or as a part of larger team reporting to formal project management. * Strong communication and organizational skills * Proven troubleshooting skills * Ability to quickly learn new systems * Experience with Microsoft operating systems and Office applications * Strong customer service demeanor
Vector offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; paid vacation and holidays; and a 401k matching program.
Vector Resources is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the principles of affirmative action. EEO/AA M\F\D\V
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.