At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the job
We are looking for hands-on security engineers who are looking to build a countermeasure service that will assist engineers across Uber to defense their own architecture.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
* Build, Buy, or implement countermeasures for identified threats against Uber
* Harden our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
* Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
* Implement, tune and support defensive solutions
What you'll need
* Experience with threat driven defense
* Experience building countermeasures based on the kill chain or ATT&CK Framework
* Experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows)
* Experience implementing antimalware, IPS, and EDR systems
* Programming skills (Python, Go)
* Applied cryptography and key management
* Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
About the Team
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.