The Sr. Security engineer is a technical position within the Technology organization of Express Scripts. The position reports to the Senior Manager responsible for Security Technology Engineering.
* Be a core engineer identifying, building, implementing, and maintaining key cross-functional security technologies to improve security, deliver a great experience to constituents, and maintain compliance for Express Scripts.
* Evaluate and articulate risk-based assessments for implementation of security technologies, balancing security needs with end-user experience to protect Express Scripts' security & productivity.
* Deliver the best value quickly and at the best cost in an agile development environment, and collaborate with other teams to deliver complete value.
* Participate in the development of - and execute - technology & migration plans for evolution of security capabilities (secure external access, scanning & prevention, digital forensics, data security).
* Communicate & collaborate with teams across the organization to drive security imperatives, including infrastructure & application development teams and Information Risk Management.
* Bachelor's degree in related field with 5 years of experience.
* 11 years relevant experience without Bachelor's Degree.
* HTTP/S proxy servers and security (web proxy, web security). Bluecoat experience preferred.
* Experience in creating success in an agile development environment for application & deployment of technology.
* Possess knowledge & experience in a wide variety of security capabilities (endpoint, data center, network, data security, scanning/prevention, and forensics).
* Versatility - ability to switch between a wide variety of varied security technologies - a critical need as a part of building & developing security engineering team.
* Possess knowledge and application of security standards / compliance & controls frameworks (NIST, SOC1, SOC2, ISO27000, etc.).
* Basic administrative experience with Windows/Linux operating systems.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP based networking.
* Analytical Abilities - Analytical and information gathering skills allow for effective assessment of business risks and exposures.
* Problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to resolve cross-platform problems or to develop security risk solutions.
* Communication skills - Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience.
* Demonstrates effective listening skills.
* Independence - Works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues.
* Mentoring - Mentor to other analysts and operations personnel.
* Administration - Handles some routine daily administrative tasks associated with data security and specific project assignments including creating documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives prioritizing work as needed.
* Familiarity with health care or PBM industry helpful.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy the challenge of defending against security breaches? Put your skills to work at an organization trusted to protect client, patient and company data amid the ever-changing landscape of information security threats and risks. Our cyber defenders are challenged with maintaining a secure infrastructure day in and day out, while delivering an enterprise computing environment that resists breaches and disruptions. If you're as passionate about data security as we are, explore our opportunities.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we're driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We're challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes - like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.