Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Serves as a recognized professional authority in one engineering discipline or specialty area. Conducts preliminary and advanced design studies and prepares and presents major portions of engineering proposals. Conceives and develops solutions to complex analytical, design, and test problems that program(s) experience. Contributes to systems philosophy and design objectives. Analyzes and resolves critical failures in test and service without the benefit theoretical studies. Assures continuity of design features from advanced design through contract status. Writes very complex specifications and engineering reports as a result of advance studies, special engineering investigations, and similar activities. Develops aspects of new theory and design criteria for general application. Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and sixteen or more years of related experience or Master's degree and twelve plus years of related experience or PhD and 7 to 10 years.
* Progressively more difficult levels in planning and developing technical projects of a research and development (R&D) nature, concerned with unique or controversial problems which have an important effect on major Department of Defense programs.
* Demonstrated skill in conceiving, planning and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity requiring unconventional or novel approaches and sophisticated research techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently on research and development (R&D) engineering problems and methods, and to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
* At least five years extensive experience, background and knowledge of one or more DARPA programs is highly desirable
* Provide expert input to the client in support of concept development, assessment and risk identification, as well as recommendations for new programs and Program Objective Memorandum (POM) development, and in carrying out associated technical and program management responsibilities.
* Provide technical analyses to help define, assess, and monitor new and emerging research opportunities, as well as potential new thrust ideas for the office. The contractor will provide technical guidance and expertise on potential technical risk, and potential program impact of failure.
* Support technology evaluations, participation at meetings, coordination with related Government and performer organizations, program planning, background research and bibliographic research, meeting preparation, and presentation production.
* Provide inputs to the PMs, assisting in responses to internal/external inquiries related to the research. The contractor shall provide, as required, informal feedback to the PMs, OD, and DD, as well as formal feedback at critical program events/activities.
* Provide subject matter expertise in areas that are not primarily within their technical domain but are pertinent to the new concepts/programs the office may be pursuing.
* Provide technical support for office-based initiatives (new program concepts and technologies), new starts, Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) efforts, and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) efforts.
* Participate in technical reviews of these activities, and assistance with technical evaluation and independent assessments of the concepts and related technologies.
* Prepare briefings, reports, and other related documentation/data to support the development and approval of these activities. In addition, the contractor may be requested to coordinate with potential users to formulate performance and programmatic requirements for new program concepts/ technologies.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
* M.S. Degree or higher in Engineering discipline
* 10+ years for experience
* Extensive experience with MS Office, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
* Strong written and oral communication skills, detail oriented, strong organizational skills
* Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
* Excellent attention to details and diligent adherence to deadlines and deliverables
* A high-level performer with the ability to be proactive and respond rapidly to changing conditions in a fast-paced environment
* Strong organizational skills
* Location: on-site in Arlington, VA in a team environment with government and contractor employees
* Experience with providing analysis and support to science and technology or advance research and development programs preferred
* Top Secret Clearance
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.