The Salesforce.com Developer will be contributing to a global implementation of Salesforce.com. This is a role that serves as a point of contact for administrative configuration actions: maintenance, configuration, reporting and training. Day to day this person will work on salesforce.com projects, enhancements, customization, support and maintenance. The position will also include working with custom development for application integration, working closely with business users to develop requirements, and then configure and test the salesforce.com system to ensure the system meets the requirements.
This role is critical to the ongoing SFDC and GLOW initiatives company-wide.
* Configure and customize an evolving global Salesforce.com Sales, and Service Cloud environment. Responsible for maintaining the functional areas of data management (including integrations), case management, knowledge base, person accounts, dashboards, and reports.
* Maintain system metrics to track trends in usage and data integrity
* Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
* Liaise with business stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
* Evaluating the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
* Communicating effectively with clients, vendors, partners and internal teams to deliver product's functional requirements like screen, interface, and UI designs.
* Designing and executing test scripts and test scenarios.
* 5+ years of IT and over 3+ years of Salesforce.com Development and Administration experience
* 4+ years' experience implementing and configuring Salesforce.com
* 3+ years of Apex Coding experience
* 2+ years working in an Agile development environment
* Certified Salesforce.com Developer
* Four-year degree/diploma in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering or equivalent.
* Integration experience on Salesforce.com using SOAP and REST API's.
* Proficient in working with Apex Scheduling and Batch Processes
* Experience working with Force.com IDE for development and deployment.
* Experience in Apex Class Controllers & Triggers with Governor Limits.
* Experience in using SOQL & SOSL queries.
* Experience with Salesforce.com data migration tool Data Loader and Demand Tools.
* Ability to conceptualize and frame a problem and corresponding solution(s) critical.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented service-driven environment
* Ability to translate customer requirements into specifications including complex business processes.
* Time management, ability to multitask, and propensity to handle urgent interrupts with poise and professionalism
* Business acumen including a good sense of how applications can be utilized to improve business processes and the bottom line.
* Experience with Service Center solutions, particularly in a global environment, highly desirable.
* Experience using and ability to select amongst agile, agile-fall, waterfall, or hybrid project management methodologies is required.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks is crucial.
* Up to 10% travel may be required, some of it international. Must have a valid passport and ability to travel overseas.
* Will consider visa sponsorship.
* Experience with other development languages: Java, C#, etc.
* Experience with Financial Force is a big plus.
* Experience with Heroku is a plus
* Fluency in any of Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin or Hindi is a plus.
Assurant Solutions provides specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks.