Amazon's Information Security organization is the guardian of customer trust. We are responsible for securing products, services, networks and operations across Amazon's worldwide consumer business, leading hundreds of thousands of employees across the globe. The Amazon on Other People's Computers (AOPC) Team is responsible for securing Amazon's usage of third party cloud services. We are looking for a skilled and motivated Salesforce Software Development Engineer to help us deliver AOPC's security programs, tooling and automation across Amazon's vast ecosystem. If you enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment and influencing the protection of our customers within a large global organization, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
You will work with AOPC's Security Engineers, Technical Program Managers, Architects and Software Development Engineers, to implement usable, maintainable and scalable security controls within the Salesforce environment. You will implement mechanisms for risk remediation, control deployment and verification, and measurement to track Amazon's usage of Salesforce. You will understand business needs and challenges, and balance these into your products to create controls and mechanisms that can be used easily at massive scale. You will use your Salesforce knowledge to enable and improve processes for customer, use case and risk tracking. You will identify and capitalize on opportunities to improve security posture across the whole portfolio of third party cloud services used by Amazon.
You have a deep knowledge of the Salesforce platform, its common products, available controls, APIs and customization. You have an understanding of typical challenges in using the Salesforce platform and how to overcome them. You are passionate about your work, self-motivated, detail-oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities. You will deal with highly ambiguous problems and help to find and implement simple solutions.
Key tasks include:
* Development, configuration, and administration of Salesforce.com and integration with other Amazon databases/systems.
* Develop custom code using Visualforce, APEX, Java and other technologies to build customized solutions supporting business initiatives/processes.
* Setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement.
* Working with engineering and product management teams across Amazon to design, develop, deploy, and maintain scalable security solutions in a heterogeneous environment with both "bought" and "built" technologies.
* Enabling information security as a core competency in Amazon's use of third party cloud services.
* Evaluating complex business and technical requirements, communicating inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.