Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon has invested in a world class Amazon Last Mile operation.
We are looking for a dynamic, resourceful, and organized Research Scientist to join Amazon Last Mile operations. Amazon Flex (https://flex.amazon.com/) works directly with independent contractors - called delivery partners - to make deliveries to our customers, and Amazon Delivery Service Providers (https://logistics.amazon.com/) program helps entrepreneurs build local delivery operations delivering Amazon packages.
As part of the Last Mile Science & Technology organization, you'll partner closely with Science, Product, and Program teams to lead initiatives in the fraud space, using statistical best practices to learn from multiple data sources. You will be expected to be a subject matter expert in quantitative analysis and to communicate highly complex findings to multiple audiences.
In addition to designing building various statistical models/ analyzing data, you must be able to see a full loop vision connecting research to actionable recommendations, collaborating closely with multiple teams to ensure the relevance and impact of your work to business stakeholders. You will be expected to be a thought leader as we develop new products within Last Mile- Fraud Operations.
In this role you will:
* Use predictive analytics and machine learning techniques to solve complex problems and drive business decisions
* Develop new algorithms to discover patterns of risks, abuse and help reduce overall levels of fraud in our driver pool
* Work closely with internal stakeholders such as business teams, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area
* Build ML models to appropriately classify the fraud risk (Identity & Execution) of every Driving Partner (DP) in our pool
* Identify trends, draw inferences and provide scalable solutions and recommendations for the Fraud Operations Team
If you know how to build and deliver solutions, and you are curious, thoughtful, resilient, and creative, we want to talk to you.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.