The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is solving a significant problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are envisioning the use of machine learning, AI and linear programming to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation and scaling.
As a senior research scientist, you will design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems, helping Amazon Device to provide customer great products. This role will be a key member of a Science and Data technology team based in Seattle, WA. You will work closely with other scientists, machine learning experts to design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and find new ways to improve Amazon Device Services&Software products. You will partner with technology and product leaders to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches to build new services that surprise and delight our customers. You will lead the research where we are responsible for developing solutions to better manage and optimize device end to end supply chain, finding opportunities to minimize cost for inputs while still maximizing the ability to meet customer demands. Our scientists work closely with software engineers to put algorithms into practice. They also work on cross-disciplinary efforts with other scientists within Amazon.
The key responsibility for this role include:
* Interact with engineering, operations, science and business teams to develop an understanding and domain knowledge of processes, system structures, and business requirements
* Apply domain knowledge and business judgment to identify opportunities and quantify the impact aligning research direction to business requirements and make the right judgment on research project prioritization
* Design and develop complex mathematical, simulation and optimization models and apply them to define strategic and tactical needs and drive the appropriate business and technical solutions
* Advocate technical solutions to business stakeholders, engineering teams, as well as executive level decision makers
* Prototype these models by using modeling languages such as R or in software languages such as Python.
* Work with software engineering teams to drive scalable, real-time implementations
* Utilizing Amazon systems and tools to effectively work with terabytes of data.
* Mentor team members for their career development and growth
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.