We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
CSIM Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. CSIM is the investment advisor for Schwab's proprietary mutual funds, referred to as the Schwab Funds; and includes Schwab's exchange-traded funds, referred to as the Schwab ETFs™. With over $360bn in assets under management, of which $345bn are managed on a discretionary basis and approximately $15bn on a non-discretionary basis CSIM is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 8th largest provider of money market funds.
What you'll do:
This is a Senior Staff role in CSIM Production Management organization to support and manage the Release Management process. As a primary person for managing and coordinating PreProduction and Production deployments, your responsibilities will include:
* Coordinate and maintain deployment schedules for multiple environments * Work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and team leads to determine and manage release content and timing * Maintain the Release Management Process Documentation * Manage operational change requests * Contribute to process improvements for the release management process and maintain documentation of all release processes * Maintain awareness and stays current with configuration management policies and procedures * Create and manage change tickets and ensure compliance as it progresses through various phases of the release process * Create Request for change and obtain appropriate approvals * Facilitates emergency releases from production incident identification to incident closure after release * Verifies and capture business certification and customer acceptances/signoff on deliverables * Attends change management and deployment planning meeting to collect data and information pertaining to the release * Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to all parties before, during and after deployments
What you have:
* Experienced Release Manager with knowledge of scrum/agile development methodologies * Must be of strong will able to hold the line on policy, procedures and guidelines * Must be a problem solver with sound judgement and decision making skills * Must pursue and resolve issues independently but know when to seek higher level input when needed * Strong teamwork, collaboration and adaptability skills * Knowledge of change management process / practices * Must possess good time management skills and be flexible * Strong ownership mentality with a focus on customer satisfaction. Be able to easily communicate with Scrum Masters / Developers / Production owners during the release management process * Solid track record in an operational/support role, understands how to protect the production environment with appropriate controls as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
Technical/Vendor Product skills - Required
* Operating System : Windows Environment * Remedy * JIRA * Confluence * SQL/Databases (SQL Server) * Tools: Source code management tools like TFS, BitBucket or any other CI/CD tools. * Exposure to Informatica * Agile
Education / Experience
Bachelor's/Master's Degree from a top tier university, preferably in Computer Science
7-10 years of support/developer experience in financial services, preferably Asset Management
* Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data * Keen focus on metrics and trend analysis * Self-motivated with exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely * Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties during major releases * Detail oriented and organized with strong analytical skills * Self-starter and ability to multi task with a can do attitude
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package * Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts * Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program * Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions * Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships * Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs Position Located In: CO - Lone Tree Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019
Expiration Date: Monday, August 19, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.