The Release Engineer is responsible for managing Green Dot's CI/CD deployment pipeline, software configuration, and administration of associated applications applies. These activities include establishing a stable and efficient build process, managing source control, build systems, versioning binaries and enforcement of Green Dot best practices. Release Engineers are involved in audits and develop and refine SDLC policy and procedures. Writing custom software and administering 3rd party applications is common. Release Engineers are expected to be patient and effective communicators who can clearly document and explain technical concepts to skill levels ranging from interns, to technical peers, to executives. This highly collaborative position requires patience and proactively working with numerous project delivery teams.
* Maintain software configuration processes and procedures and control the release of a product and changes to it throughout its lifecycle.
* Responsible for all code deployments, while constantly and developing and implementing automated solutions that enhance our ability to deploy
* Manage source code, CI/CD builds, branch/deploy strategies, and testing environments.
* Troubleshooting merges and resolving build and/or environment issues.
* Maintain our issue tracking system
* Remain at the forefront of technology, best practices, and our tools, and remain a technology leader.
* Manage server environments, automate builds/deployments, and other Release Engineering tasks.
* Attend meetings and effectively represent the department and clearly communicate project status.
* Provide training to team members and/or other departments.
* Good documentation of configuration and implementation steps is critical.
* 5+ years of Release Engineering, DevOps, SRE, or Development experience
* System Engineering experience is also considered.
* Knowledge of common Release Engineering and/or DevOps industry standards and best practices
* Candidate should possess the ability to competently explain deployment strategies, paradigms, and understand tradeoffs
* Demonstrated leadership qualities - ownership, accountability, maturity, self-motivated.
* Knowledge of Windows and Linux Servers
* Ability to setup and administer CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
* Ability to setup and administer source control (Perforce, GIT, TFS, SVN, etc)
* Octopus Deploy, JIRA, Ansible knowledge not required but a plus
* Comfortable scripting in PowerShell, Python or Groovy
* Must be comfortable read/writing in an OO langauge (.NET, Golang, Python) are a plus
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Self-motivated, always strives to do the best job possible with a strong work ethic.
* Good communication skills and able to effectively handle multiple concurrent priorities.
* Quick learner, achievement focused, and meticulous in detail.
About Green Dot
Green Dot is a company providing prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services.