Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle CX Unity team, in the Oracle Marketing Cloud, is building a new product that focuses on data management, machine intelligent segmentation building and exploring, and analytical dashboards to enable marketers take advantage of a single 360 view of the customer's profile, transactional and behavioral data. The CX Unity team is responsible for maintaining and upkeeping the data to provide the latest focused customer audience for marketers to leverage. Combining this product with the rest of Oracle's Marketing product suite, e.g. Responsys and Eloqua, provides the Oracle's customer with a world class end-to-end solution for their B2C and B2B marketing needs.
The CX Unity product and team is new, so you will have the opportunity to play a ground floor and early foundational and technical role for the team and organization. Full-time (W2) with full Oracle benefits. No relocation assistance available and local candidates are encouraged to apply.
The CX Unity team is located at Oracle HQ, Redwood Shores, CA and provides our employees with the benefits of a full service gym, multiple themed cafeterias, and everything the bay area has to offer.
You should come prepared to learn a lot and to help define and drive initiatives in a strong team that is helping Oracle become the #1 cloud provider in the world.
* Define, Maintain, Coordinate and Oversee the Product Release Process
* Maintain and Enforce the Policies and Processes that govern the Release Process throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Continually work towards making improvements to the Release Process.
* Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
* Measure and monitor progress to help ensure application releases are delivered on time
* Provide tools and processes to help the product team build, test and deploy in a low risk, high quality environment
* In coordination with DevOPS and Release Engineering, maintain all the source code for the product
* Establish and Maintain the release schedule
* In coordination with Dev/Cloud OPS oversee code deployment to all environments
* Collaborate with all participants in and supporting the CDP product while guiding them through the release process
* Responsible for reporting and communicating Release status and details timely to the CDP business, to management, and across Oracle when required.
* BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering. MS Preferred.
* Enthusiastic self-starter with 5-7 years industry experience delivering software as a service in a modern DevOps culture
* Experience in governing both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOPS project lifecycles.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills are a must
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
* Very Detail Oriented
* Preferred: Knowledge of Oracle Release and Deployment Processes and tools
* Experience with
* Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CICD)
* Automation Tools
* Oracle Tech Stack, e.g. Java, Weblogic, Oracle DB a Plus
* Strong Shell/Perl/Python skills
* Solid expertise with Linux (RedHat/CentOS preferred)
* Knowledge of RPM management, Yum, Linux and basic SysAdmin tasks
* Prior exposure with source code control systems, branching, merging, releases, etc.
* Expertise in Perforce/GIT/Stash
* Proven experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence, or Bugzilla
* Background with automation/configuration management using Chef, Salt, Puppet, or equivalent
* Must be results-oriented and able to manage conflicting priorities with tight deadlines
* Ability to deliver high quality work and keep the work documented (both in-line and separately)
* Good interpersonal skills; capable of collaborating and brainstorming with technical staff
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.