East West Bancorp
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and executing tests manually and automatically to identify and resolve all data related issues to meet quality standards. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture.
* Build and perform End to End QA effort on Data Warehouse/ETL/BI Platforms
* Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
* Understand data flow and test strategy for ETL , Data warehouse and Business Intelligence testing
* ETL testing of mapping, transformations and data pipelines.
* Data warehouse testing involving the testing of stored procedures, SSIS packages, slowly changing dimension tables, Change Data capture etc.
* Business Intelligence testing involving the validation of DataMart, ODS, Data models and SSRS reports.
* Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
* Identify, document and track software defects
* Work closely with development teams to perform root cause analysis of issues
* Manage multiple tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, as necessary
* Write advanced SQL queries for ETL/data warehousing/Business Intelligence testing
* Identify test cases which has to be automated. Prepare test automation strategy.
* Design and develop test automation for backend.
* Work with the team to continually improve test processes and practices based on inspection/adaption of previous iterations and to ensure adherence to process, tools and metrics standards within the project team
* Show initiatives and accountability with strong time management skills with project teams.
* Exhibit strong collaboration/interpersonal skills
* Be a self-starter and possess the ability to research issues and improve processes
* Other duties as assigned
* Experience in ETL testing techniques
* Good understanding of Data Warehousing and business intelligence concepts and testing techniques
* Experience in Working with Star Schema, ODS, multi-dimensional models, slowly changing dimensions
* Experience in working with ETL framework, Change Data capture, DataMart, Data models etc.
* Working knowledge of test automation for backend using Java and associated frameworks (ie: TestNG)
* Experience in continuous testing practices in a CI/CD development pipeline, and deploying test automation(Jenkins, Maven)
* Solid experience in strategizing and planning all testing activities including automation.
* Ability to review and analyze business requirements in order to produce test strategy and test cases.
* Experience in Agile projects (Scrum, Kanban etc.).
* Working Knowledge in Test Management software (JIRA).
* Solid experience with Defect Management Process.
* Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Experience in Banking or Financial services domain is preferred.
* Experience in working with financial platforms like FIS, Aspire and BlackKnight etc.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 5 - 10 years of experience with Software Quality Assurance- QA project life cycle, test plan, test strategies, test scenarios, test cases, traceability matrix.
* 3 - 5+ years of experience in Database/Data Warehouse/ETL Testing.
* 3 - 5+ years of Strong experience in advanced SQL scripting.
* Experience in MS SQL server, SSIS and SSRS.
* Awareness of Agile QA Software development life cycle -backlog, sprints, standups, burndowns.
About East West Bancorp
East West Bancorp is a bank holding company.