1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Sr. Quality and Automation Lead
Broadcom Inc. - Lisle, Il, US
Here at Broadcom, you will be working in the Mainframe division. Our teams are focused on developing data centric Mainframe Security and Compliance solutions on the Mainframe. Bringing these solutions to the market involves working closely with product management and architects to create highly complex, sophisticated and quality software that span several teams. We believe radically transforming the way software is built, delivered and monitored is exciting and we're looking for engineers who want to join the fun.
Work Location: Lisle, IL
What You Will Be Doing in a Typical Week:
* Applying your experience to inform the product roadmap;
* Experiment with new technologies that improve our software;
* Develop modern high-quality testing software;
* Create and review of Test Strategies, Test designs, Test cases and Test Automation Suites;
* Work closely with multiple teams of developers and testers to coordinate and execute test activities;
* Install and maintain software on Mainframe systems, upgrade and apply software PTFs;
* Lead and mentor software engineers and provide technical guidance on a high performing team;
* Establish cross-functional relationships to improve the testability of products;
* Interact with customers for demos, test qualifications and feedback sessions;
* Assess progress and prepare testing status reports for the teams to consume;
* Drive opportunities to increase efficiency and product quality through best practices;
At the end of the day, the main things we're searching for are talent and passion. However, experience in one or more of these areas could make you a great addition to our team:
* At least 7+ years of experience testing modern large-scale software and complex test configurations;
* Strong background and experience in software testing methodologies such as BDD, TDD etc., test development, test execution and report generation;
* Strong knowledge of various types of testing such as functional, negative, boundary, performance, scalability, and longevity testing;
* Proven experience developing test automation using Mainframe frameworks like Batch, regressions, command line, etc;
* Experience with Mainframe TSO, JCL, SMP/E, REXX, and source code management products like Endevor;
* Experience with DevOps and Continuous integration tools;
* Experience in Agile Software Development;
* Experience in SAFe is a plus;
Why You Will Excel Here:
* You are curious and eager to try new things;
* You break stuff just to fix it;
* You love to collaborate with awesome teammates;
* You have a broad background in software development, networking or operations;
* You believe in your can-do attitude;
* Your trust common sense.
Seniority Level Employment Type
Industry Job Functions
Information Technology & Services Quality Assurance
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.