Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Within Client Experience Technology, Trading eXperience Technology (TXT) we provide clients a better way to focus on trading using Schwab's StreetSmart Applications by focusing on the trader's workflow. StreetSmart Applications provide a robust trading experience that blends sophistication with ease of use. TXT QA is a leader in defining innovative and effective software testing practices across a broad range of technology platforms which include web, desktop, cloud, and mobile-based applications. TXT QA supports Agile methodology and is responsible for keeping track of gains and losses, monitoring balances real-time, making sure clients have access to streaming quotes and real-time charting, order types identical to market, limit, stop limit, trailing stop and trailing stop limit, options for clients to place various types of option orders, providing streaming Level II quotes, and max gain/loss/break-even calculations, and much more.
What you'll do:
As an Sr. QA Engineer/Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) under the direction and leadership of the TXT QA Manager and Lead, you will be responsible for delivering innovative QA Automation for trading to market. Your attention to detail and focus on quality will help deliver software that will bring joy to millions of users worldwide. Your focus on lean software practices and delivering quality products will be critical in the success of Client Experience Technology, TXT and our mission of transformation using Agile Methodology, Acceptance Test Driven Development, working with onshore and offshore teams to drive quality. You will be making a real difference in making TXT more efficient, lean, and effective.
This role will be accountable for project and release based QA testing which includes in-sprint automation for all StreetSmart applications. This position will provide opportunity to interact with multiple domains and applications. Key responsibilities include:
* Be a key member of a software development team providing QA expertise and automation to rapidly develop and iterate on new product features and enhancements.
* Adopt a lean start-up approach to building and testing a minimum viable product. Provide early feedback to enable continuous learning and iteration for ventures, products and services.
* Familiarity of Microsoft Coded UI, C#,.NET Framework, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
* Ability to learn new technology quickly
* Participate QA best practices and building our culture of continuous improvement
* Partner with cross-functional teams to build and refine user stories
* Leverage the relevant capabilities of ATDD to accelerate delivery
* Assist in defining QA best practices and building our culture of continuous improvement
* Partner with cross-functional teams to build and refine user stories
* Ensure quality across all StreetSmart Applications
* Assist with QA strategy for TXT QA, recommend, and improve automation tools
* Assist with training colleagues on testing methodologies, automation, and lean regression tools
* Work with team to ensure quality across all StreetSmart Applications
* Work with the project manager and/or scrum master to provide work estimates, testing schedule and provide project and release status and updates to Leads and Managers.
* Prepare or help in preparation of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, data setup, bug reporting, test evaluation summary report and communication of status/metrics.
* Work with project team members for testing activities, participating in Requirements Ambiguity, Use Case/User Story Reviews, and conduct QA analysis and test support activities.
* Execute Test Cases, Test Scripts, in-sprint automation, and be hands on and detail oriented.
* Attend Agile Ceremonies (Daily SCRUM, Sprint Planning/Review/Demo, Retrospectives, etc.) as required.
* Work cross-organizationally both within Schwab and with external vendors, both on and offshore to define environment requirements, identify approved QA-related tools, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices.
* Collaborate with technical and other QA partners as required
What you have:
* BS or BA in CIS, CS, or equivalent.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an interest in software testing
* 8+ years of QA and automation testing
* Good interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain relationships with entire Agile project team (DEV, QA, SM, PO).
* Results-oriented, flexible and able to work in fast paced environment
* Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
* Passion for technology and delivering useful and pleasing products to market
* Manage multiple priorities when required
* Experience with several QA automation tools and knowledge of when to use what
* Experience with agile, lean practices and methodologies
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: Yes Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: HS/GED Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, May 20, 2019
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 1, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.