This position is responsible for implementation of new products and solutions within The US Oncology Network with a focus on McKesson's EMR Solutions. This position will need to work collaboratively with the practices and iKnowMed solution owners, as well as the leaders of each of the cross-functional stakeholder groups within McKesson Pharmaceutical Solutions & Services and The Network practices.
The position requires working to understand customer needs, specific product/project goals, and competitive positioning while implementing the best in class preferred technologies for our customers.
Technology Implementations Governance & Support & Program Management & Project Coordination
* Define the scope of the project in collaboration with McKesson's iKnowMed Team
* Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
* Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project
* Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
* Develop a plan for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities and clearly define what is needed from practice and solution
* Review the project schedule with Practice, EMR Solution Owner, Regional IT, MSH IT and IMO Office; revise the schedule as required
* Coordinates IT and business activities for the successful launch of Generation 2 EMR for The Network Practices
* Responsible for overall practice satisfaction relating to project implementation. Will need to manage multiple projects concurrently across multiple practices
* Conducts requirements gathering sessions with SMEs and customers (internal and external) and facilitates analysis and work prioritization for meeting go-live expectations
* Assign and track project tasks/activities and report to solution owners, management and/or practice on project outcomes. Proactively identify and alert management and/or practice on potential risk to the timeline and/or project deliverables. Manage expectations of the key stakeholders involved
* Formally close out projects with appropriate hand off's and transition plan at completion of the project
5+ years' experience in project management, iKnowMed implementation or equivalent experience.
* Extensive experience with implementing, configuring and supporting software applications
* Experience in healthcare related field with preference for oncology or specialty care settings
* Strong project management and change management experience in matrix environment, PMP certification a plus
* Able to identify process improvement ideas for gaining operational efficiency
* Must possess the ability to work independently, organize work effectively and take initiative in fast-paced work environment while managing multiple tasks and deliverables simultaneously
* Possess strong business and technical writing abilities
4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Travel required, up to 35%
Career Level: P4
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.