We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
This Sr. Project Manager will function as a Delivery Manager within Infrastructure Services. As a Delivery Manager, they will be embedded within an application portfolio, where they will be responsible for planning, road mapping and ensuring the delivery of the infrastructure needs of the application group. They will function as a single point of contact for the application groups for all infrastructure needs and provide insight into infrastructure capabilities and delivery. As a Delivery Manager, this Employee will develop strong relationships with their Customer groups in order to be proactive about anticipating needs, driving conversations about upcoming work, create and maintain the infrastructure demand roadmap, and work with both the application and infrastructure teams to ensure this work gets executed on time and within scope by the infrastructure teams. Conducts needs analysis to create quality solutions. Ensures solutions are aligned with stated requirements and comply with departmental standards. Manages activities to ensure solutions are delivered on-time and within budget. Serves as a resource to ensure effective communications.
* Partners with Technology Managers and Directors to lead Technology projects in support of the department's strategic plan. Viewed as a project Leadership resource responsible for driving analysis, recommendations, decisions and delivery.
* Defines complex project plans for multiple simultaneous projects or for a single highly complex project including scope, budget and schedule and executes tasks defined in the project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices.
* Validates and helps develop business cases with Customers, as well as develops a project charter.
* Drives testing and acceptance of project results.
* Partners with resource managers, Business Partners and vendors to assemble a project Team and provide ongoing motivation to drive projects to completion.
* Mentors and coaches other Project Managers.
* Proactively monitors risks, issues, and scope, ensuring the appropriate level of priority, visibility and escalation.
* Leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations to Leadership.
* Engages and initiates change leadership.
* Drives Teams and Customers toward decisions.
* Establishes cross functional alliances within and outside of the Technology Department to drive results.
* Leverages governance for project benefit.
* Gains buy-in for project goals and decisions with "tough" and diverse Customer groups.
* Proactively communicates plan and all relevant components of the plan such as risk, schedules, expectations and ongoing updates to Stakeholders, Sponsors and Project Teams to maintain project alignment.
* Builds trust and influences without authority cross-functionally and across diverse teams.
* Builds partnerships to collaborate and uses influence to gather Customer and business requirements and communicate effectively with all project Teams and support groups.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience
* MBA preferred.
* 3 or more years work experience in project management.
* 2 or more years as a project manager required.
* Knowledge of issues/risk management and project change requests required.
* Proficient knowledge of strategic and financial analysis.
* Project Management Certiication preferred
* PMP certification or equivalent work experience as a Project Manager required.
* Expert knowledge of project processes, problem management tools and procedures.
* Expert knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite including SharePoint.
* Expert knowledge of technology applications and systems infrastructure.
* Advanced knowledge of application impact on operational and business functions.
* Proficient financial acumen to interpret corporate financial analysis and financial statements.
* Strong Customer Service and Team orientation.
* Demonstrates and employs active listening skills.
* Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations.
* Assumes a high level of responsibility and provides direction in a Team-oriented environment, directing tasks to finish by scheduled completion date.
* Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, at all levels
* Reorders job priorities for Team and self as needed.
* Manages highly sensitive and confidential information.
* Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, Team based environment.
* Demonstrates Leadership skills to direct performance of outside Contractors and maintain positive relations with internal Customers.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and low-cost carrier.