At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Senior Project Manager (Engineering/Pharma Operations) in Frederick, Maryland, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world - 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we're focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that's full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for the delivery of assigned medium to high complex projected within scope, timeline, budget, and aligned with the expectations of key project stakeholders and/or
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead multiple capital/site projects through stage-gating process per the capital steering committee and capital project playbook and/or site scorecard process.
* Assemble and lead project core teams to develop: project scope, schedule, budgets, cash curves, risks, change management and communication plans.
* Collaborate with the project sponsor and key stakeholders to develop the project scope and charter and ensure that projects deliver the expected business cases.
* Work with Director of communication and change management, functional management, sponsors and governance teams to resolve and/or escalate conflicts and issues between projects and/or project teams.
* Monitor and control projects, to ensure project timelines are delivered on time, by utilizing critical path methodology (CPM) and PM tools.
* Present to project steering committees, site scorecard meetings and/or capital steering committees, as required.
* Submit monthly project status reports/dashboards, as required.
* Leverage current risk management tools and techniques to identify, mitigate and manage project risks.
* Ensure project team cohesion, effectiveness and collaboration to ensure project remains within scope and schedule.
* Remove issues, conflicts, and bottlenecks, as required, to ensure project scope and timelines are adhered to.
* Communicate and/or cascade key project information to key stakeholders, sponsors and/or site on project impact and/or status.
* Understand and manages key integration points, with other projects and efforts, within the site(s).
* Contribute to the maturation of project management capabilities at the site through lessons learned, enhancements to the capital project playbook, and additions to the PM knowledgebase.
* Apply lean methodology and practices to projects, as applicable.
* Perform capital project Genba walks to ensure project execution is performed safely and within scope parameters, as required.
* Ensures administrative and financial closure of assigned site/capital projects.
* Other tasks, as assigned.
* Must be comfortable wearing personnel PPE (hard hats, steel toe shoes, safety glasses and vests) as project work dictates.
* BS in Engineering or Science
* Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in pharmaceutical/biotech.
* Minimum of eight (8) years' project management experience.
* Engineering, Manufacturing or MS&T, PM experience required.
* Ability to apply expertise as a project manager within the Pharma industry to successfully manage projects.
* Extensive knowledge of project management tools including: scope management tools, project plans, schedules, risk plans, resource plans and communication plans.
* Strong user of MS Project to create integrated project timelines and monitor project progress.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects or programs independently within the Pharma industry.
* Ability to supervise contract workers, as assigned.
* Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across cross functional teams and departments.
* Ability to guide and direct project team members that are not direct reports.
* MS or MBA degree is preferred
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca is a global science-led biopharmaceutical company specializing in the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of prescription medicines.