The role of the NextGen Core Services Project Manager is to guide project teams to achieve project goals, by monitoring and controlling project timelines, budget, quality and applying resource management. The NextGen Core Services Project Manager manages the development and/or implementation of the NextGen Core Services product and services. They coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams, focus on delivering new or upgrading existing products or services. The manage projects from inception to completion (or transition), including tracking and evaluation of project performance. They ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and within accepted quality metrics. They participate in project review and status meetings, and communicate the project status. The PM utilizes six sigma and project management methodologies to ensure maximum project effectiveness. They motivate the project team to ensure optimal performance. They may assist in the development of business plans, strategies, and approaches to take advantage of new and existing business opportunities.
The NextGen Core Services Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of NextGen Core Services solutions in accordance with the products definition and within a defined project plan which ensures compliance with the contract terms & conditions agreed upon with our customers. They provide hands on, day to day management of the defined project Scope, Budget, Schedule and provide Quality assurance and Resource Management to deliver within the constraints of the contracted agreement. The Project Manager is the primary interface to the customer and to the assigned internal and external project team members. They are accountable for delivery of the project in accordance with the defined project plan.
The Project Manager is strongly committed to the mission. They have the ability to develop and communicate customer needs. They are a systematic and innovative thinker, who uses creativity in decision making to react to changing conditions. They have a cultural understanding of the organization and the customer environment. They are a champion of continuous improvement, realizing the need to succeed within a changing environment. They have strong self-management skills, including time and stress management. They are self-confident, with a concern for credibility and an ability to focus on what is important. They find and empower the best people for their project team and proactively gather information and insist on results.
* The Project Manager has a fundamental awareness of and ability to perform in accordance with the (9) nine PMBOK knowledge areas; 1) Project Integration, 2) Project Scope management, 3) Project Time management, 4) Project Cost management, 5) Project Quality management, 6) Project Human Resource management, 7) Project Communication management, 8) Project Risk management and 9) Project Procurement management.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and can explain methodologies for establishing project; time reporting, financial reporting, scheduling, communications and personal development.
* Presents an approachable style; able to define how they would obtain input from customers/work partners; establish open and trusting relationships; develop a climate where individuals are committed to sharing information.
* Has a track record of working effectively and openly with teams and an ability to accomplish organizational goals.
* Demonstrates an understanding of contract management. Familiar with contract management, ability to comprehend the terms & conditions is familiar with payment milestones and has the ability to manage a project consistent with the contract.
* A solid understanding of interpreting a scope of work. Understands the steps required to amend a scope of work. Can explain the process required to align a customer's expectations with the deliverables.
* Ability to demonstrate the skills required to create a project schedule. Understands the importance of collaborating with assigned resources on schedule development.
* Can explain the methodology of allocating project staff with required competencies to meet project objectives. Understands the strategic nature of relationships across internal and external teams. Ability to resolve issues between internal and external groups.
* Ability to define a project communication plan. Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of direct communication to relevant stakeholders.
* Documented examples of the Project Manager's ability to exercise judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining project results.
* Ability to define a typical Quality Assurance plan and how it relates to the overall project plan.
* A minimum of 10 years experience in a customer facing role delivering Mission Critical solutions to Government Public Safety markets.
* Evidence of leading at least (5) major projects, valued >$3-Million dollars, where they had primary responsibility for Contract, Schedule, Budget and Resource management.
* Documented experience delivering mission critical technologies including, Project 25 Land Mobile Radio, MPLS microwave, T1/DS3 or equivalent Telco circuit acquisition and build-out, 911 Call Handling solutions and/or Fiber network construction.
* Experience working across multiple technology manufacturers
* Experience as Project Manager with a Systems Integrator is beneficial.
* Ability to travel extensively, potentially 50% of the time.
* Bachelor Degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college or university. Or an Associates Degree with a minimum of 10 years of additional experience in Project Management.
* A Masters Certification from an accredited Project Management school.
* Project Management Institute certification - PMP, PfMP or PgMP or equivalent industry recognized equivalent.
* Additional "specialization" certifications - Agile Certified, ITIL certified, Risk Management, Scheduling Professional or Business Analysis are beneficial.
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.