Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 14,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 16 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
As a Sr. Project Lead located our of Costa Mesa, CA., you will be responsible for the following duties:
* Relationship Management - Leads definition and implementation of processes, tools and standards to ensure the effective management of technology initiatives and projects. Works effectively with cross-functional technical teams, business unit representatives and vendors/suppliers to deliver solutions that meet project objectives for quality, budget and schedule. Monitors the work of team members and or consultants to ensure successful project completion.
* Configuration Management - Coordinates the planning, design and implementation of complex changes to heterogeneous technology environments within a Local Area Network (LAN) and/or Wide Area Network (WAN), that includes, host servers, distributed systems, intranet/internet applications and an expansive extranet environment.
* Planning - Develops detailed plans, schedules, technical requirements and specifications to ensure successful project outcomes.
* Design - Assist in the design of complex engineering solutions covering technical aspects such as end-to-end integration, platform architecture, scalability and availability that enhance the security, performance, reliability, stability and administration of Club's enterprise infrastructure.
* Documentation - Documents architectural designs for integrated system solutions, considering deployment constraints and dependencies including topologies, hardware specifications/configurations, capacity planning, availability, performance, administrative processes and network/client impacts.
* Systems and Methods - Leads efforts to develop strategies for process improvement, standardized methodologies and integration of supporting tools.
* Understands technology trends and new directions. Develops test processes for new technologies, provides recommendations based on test results.
EDUCATION: Four year college degree in information systems, technology, or related area of computer science or equivalent work experience. PMP certification and/or industry specific certifications preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years experience managing major projects and leading multi-disciplinary teams/groups. Ten or more years hands-on experience in infrastructure engineering, design or support areas preferred.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/COMPETENCIES: Technical background, education, training and hands-on experience in at least two of the following technology disciplines:
(1) Database Design, Support and Maintenance (2-3 years experience) - SQL Server and / or DB2 including programming and optimization of SQL code including COBOL, PL/1, IEF or C / C programming languages knowledge; with proficiency in job control language (JCL) TSO ISPF and IBM database utilities. For the UNIX environment, experience with UNIX shell scripting languages.
(2) Data & Voice Communications Network Design and Maintenance (2-3 years experience) - LAN, WAN, Routers, Switches, Channel / Data Service Units (CSU/DSU), switched Ethernets, VLANs, routing, routing protocols, Internet, VPN, Intranet & Extranets, voicemail systems, call accounting, IVR and ACD administration, voice network provisioning including local, long distance & toll-free systems, call center operations, ATM, Sonnet, frame relay, wireless, mobile computing, DS3, T-1 and ISDN BRI/PRI technologies.
3) Open Systems Engineering Design (3 years experience) - Architectural designs for open systems solutions including end-to-end integration of applications, platform architecture, scalability and availability, user response time, security and reliability. Also includes hardware topologies, specifications, server configurations, server performance, production load estimates, capacity planning, availability, performance, administration, operational metrics, data communications network and client/user impact studies and design and cost.
(4) Advanced experience and knowledge in relationship management including team building and conflict management skills.
(5) Comprehensive competency in requirements analysis and proposal development.
(6) Comprehensive experience and knowledge in implementing client/server and networked systems technologies emphasizing the personal computer or in implementing mainframe technologies.
(7) Comprehensive proficiency in project management disciplines and methods including scheduling using MS Project, risk management, issue management and resource management.
(8) Advanced experience in project estimating, forecasting and budget management.
(9) Advanced knowledge of quality management disciplines and process improvement or re-engineering.
(10) Comprehensive written and oral communication skills and presentation skills.
(11) Advanced sales and marketing skills.
(12) Comprehensive knowledge of strategic IS planning.
Our comprehensive and employee centric training facility located in Costa Mesa provides training programs to help employees acquire various skills necessary to do their jobs and to support career development.
* Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* 401k Savings Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
"Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service."
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.