The applications Sr. Programmer Analyst (MicroStrategy) should possess an in-depth knowledge of a variety of retail business applications, as well as an extensive background and expertise in analysis and design. Works with management, development team and/or business users in the development and maintenance of business system applications using the MicroStrategy platform end-to-end in a Netezza environment. Responsibilities range from those of a programmer to a project lead. In addition to being self-motivated, a Sr. Programmer Analyst communicates and works well with comrades and users alike, and is supportive of their needs. As a team member, will also train and mentor other developers to help establish a group of strong developers.
* Develops and maintains reusable objects, advanced reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using MicroStrategy. Uses programming and analytical skills to resolve user queries. Creates reports based on project work or business needs. Adheres to company standards and programming in a structured manner so reports are easily maintained.
* Develops high-level and detailed design specifications. Analyzes business and user needs and decides upon the best course of action. Documents strategies/approaches to solutions based upon a thorough review of the desired goal(s) and departmental objectives. Documents tasks, modifications and application flows.
* Performs unit and integration testing. Performs rigorous testing of all fixes, changes, additions and enhancements to any application system. Notifies any related personnel of any changes to the system.
* Mentors and trains existing developers. Provides information to other developers by dispersing programming, analytical and application knowledge.
* Tracks and documents time requirements. Communicates project status to team members, users and management. Creates project plans and task lists when managing a project. Assists with large group/departmental project. Attends project meetings and other functions as requested by Management.
* May be required to perform supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based on the particular requirements of the operation.
* Must possess a minimum of seven (7) years experience with MicroStrategy
* Must be MicroStrategy Certified Developer / Certified Engineer
* Preferred to have MicroStrategy Certified Engineering Principal
* Strong experience with writing SQL queries
* In-depth understanding of MicroStrategy Desktop Designer, Web Professional, Intelligence Server, and Enterprise Manager
* Working knowledge of dimensional data warehouse design
* Experience in performance tuning MicroStrategy reports and documents
* Understanding of data warehousing concepts and methodologies
* Experience extracting and manipulating data from relational databases with advanced SQL, stored procedures. Experience with ETL tools is beneficial
* Experience with Automate is a plus
* Experience with Netezza is a plus
* Background in developing retail and/or distribution systems preferred
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, degree or certificate from a computer trade school, or equivalent work experience
* Experience with CRM tools is a plus
* Oracle RMS experience is a plus
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience with other BI tools such as IBM Cognos or Tableau is a plus
* Ability to work as a team member
* Ability to resolve problems; resourcefulness
* Ability to be flexible to the rapidly changing needs of the department and Company.
* Ability to train fellow programmer analysts
* Task and time management skills
* Excellent problem determination skills
* Must be a self-starter with quick ramp up time
* Must be very dependable and require minimum supervision
About Pacific Sunwear
Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc., doing business as PacSun, is a United States-based retail clothing brand rooted in the youth oriented culture and lifestyle of California.