Sr Programmer Analyst
Santa Clarita, CA
Holland America Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Sr. Programmer Analyst who will participate in product development, from concept, to design, to coding, to go live, and beyond.
We welcome your interest in joining Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corporation. Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Santa Clarita office.
* Setup/Manage Dev, Test, QA & Prod environments for monitoring and streamlined release management
* Operational flow expert - expected to understand all production call flows to support incident management
* Create documentation and diagrams of systems and processes
* Collaborate with other developers, testers, and system engineers to ensure quality product enhancements
* Identify, suggest, and/or write scripts and enable automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
* Follow industry trends for new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
* Design/Architect test automation framework and develop new test automation libraries
* Implement QA process and Automated testing for all the work streams to improve the overall testing cycle
* Participate in the development and support of the testing program aimed at supporting multiple testing efforts simultaneously
* Be part of an ongoing effort to bring new testing knowledge into the team
* Assist with test plan articulation, planning, and management of individual testing events
* Work collaboratively in a fun team environment to generate new ideas, improved efficiencies and sharing of knowledge
* Automate everything!
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of education.
* Experience generating automated tests
* Understanding of backup process, system monitoring, performance tuning, disaster recovery and scripting for Linux servers
* Experience with scripting and automation with Shell, PHP or Python
* Experience with Java and related technologies including Spring Boot
* Hands on experience with automation
* Experience with continuous integration tools and platforms, including Jenkins or TravisCI
* Experience with Vagrant or containerization like Docker
* Experience with GIT
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
* Experience managing virtual machines
* Great interpersonal skills and enjoys working in a positive team environment, but is also able to work independently
* Passion for programming and automation, and actively look for opportunities to develop tools to streamline and simplify the development and delivery process
* Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved while supporting long-term initiatives with an appropriate sense of urgency
* Able to work under pressure in time critical situations
* Strong attention to detail in conducting analysis combined with an ability to accurately record full documentation in support of their work
* Ability to adapt to dynamic work environment - must be able to multi-task and work with minimal guidance
* Up to 10% domestic and international travel
* Experience with agile methodologies, such as scrum, and agile tools like JIRA
* Experience with SALT or equivalent configuration management and automation frameworks
* Experience with relational databases, including MySQL or MariaDB
* Familiar with Systems, networking and Software development (OS, firewalls, LoadBalancer, WebServer, Application Server)
* Demonstrate effective leadership and analytical skills
* Experience with NGINX, Varnish, AppDynamics, Splunk, Artifactory, Behat, Saucelabs, Slack, Hubot or similar.
* Participate in industry related development groups and communities to create optimal opportunities for learning resources and knowledge sharing.
* Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
* Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
* Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
* Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
* Wellness - Health and wellness programs include, onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
* Education Assistance - up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per year
* 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
* Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
* Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for banking services and retail stores
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you're looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.