This role is within corporate IT at LabCorp (NYSE: LH). LH is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported revenues of over $11 billion in 2018.
The Sr. Programmer/Analyst prepares detailed specifications from which computer programs will be written. Designs, develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Analyzes, reviews, and alters programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt new requirements. Provides on call support for production and production systems. Consults with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives. Provides ongoing application support and participates in development efforts. May function as a project leader in managing assigned projects.
Ideal location would be Westborough, MA
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science w/6+ years of experience.
Experience Required skills and experience:
* Experience: 5-7 years of experience in programming with C#, .NET, Java, ASP, IIS or JSP Tomcat web services
* Experience: 5+ years of Automation development and QA Test experience is a plus
* Experience with relational databases (E.g. SQLServer, Oracle, etc.)
* Programming languages: Strong C# experience is required. Batch scripting and experience with SQL and Linux preferred.
* Good written and oral communication skills
Desired skills and experience:
* Domain experience: Automation development knowledge, and working experience using automation framework such as Silk Test/Silk4NET, or MicroSoft codedUI platform
* Strong experience with C# and Microsoft .NET platform
* Strong experience with Java development and JSP web application platform
* Extensive knowledge with MS Visual Studio environment, using Visual Studio 2017 or closer versions
* Extensive knowledge about web development technologies like ASP .NET, and web services such as IIS
* Experience with major application servers (E.g. Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, etc.)
* Working experience with Microsoft source control such as TFS and software deployment process using TFS environment
* Strong experience with Automated testing, Unit Test, Regression Tests, preferable with Silk automation platform, respond to evolving requirements in an agile environment
* Database development like PL/SQL, Oracle SQL etc.
* 5+ years of experience in Software development and QA Test area is a plus
* Proficient in writing technical specification