Sr. Programmer Analyst
Santa Clarita, CA
The Holland America Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Sr. Programmer Analyst (DevOps, Performance & Automation Engineering) who will be proactively working with web development, global information security, infrastructure, systems teams and implementing and operating guest facing website infrastructure.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corp. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Santa Clarita, CA offices.
* Automate application build, deployment and monitoring using scripts and CICD tools
* Design, build and maintain a resilient, secure and efficient web application platform
* Monitor website stability and performance, and troubleshoot site issues
* Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
* Collaborate with web developers bringing operational and security standard awareness
* Maintain development operational practices and procedures
* Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance
* Develop and manage the build environment, code repositories and perform releases management
* Conduct DevOps tool research, evaluation, proof of concept, installation, configuration and training
* Perform Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and Dev Ops processes with technologies and platforms including Java, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Gradle, Akamai, and AWS.
* Setting up infrastructure using AWS cloud, architecting highly available, scalable and fault tolerant architectural solutions to migrate successfully from current infrastructure (on premise / Virtual / Cloud) to AWS cloud.
* Raising support calls with vendors and involved in Root cause analysis for server and application problems.
* Containerization of Micro services using Docker Containers and Orchestration and Scheduling of the Docker Containers using AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
* Setting up Application performance monitoring and management using AppDynamics.
* Configuration and monitoring of Logs using Splunk.
* Perform research, propose and prototype new principles, technologies, frameworks, tools strategies and best practices and integrate them into the teams collective knowledge.
* Perform Integration, System, Regression, Performance/Stress/Volume testing.
* Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools and frameworks using Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Java, TestNG and REST Assured.
* Support QA automation for application development and user training activities, as required.
* Manage test reporting, defect resolution, results analysis, defect densities, defect counts and metrics.
* Analyzes test results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis.
* Provide technical support and troubleshoots applications issues and bugs.
* Perform off hours on-call support on rotation basis as neede
* Bachelor's degree in IT Engineering/Software or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of experience in DevOps technologies
* Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience architecting and developing QA automation framework with detailed knowledge in writing test automation test scripts for large scale web based e-commerce applications running on desktop, mobile and tablet.
* Must have work experience with containerization technology, preferably Docker
* Must have experience in Java application development and related J2EE technology stack
* Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment
* Must have work experience with Jenkins release automation, system administration and system configuration
* Experience using scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc), configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, etc) and command execution frameworks
* Must have experience in application monitoring tool, preferably AppDynamics
* Experience in Git version control tool
* Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
* Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence other team members
* Ability to operate in an agile environment
* Must be willing to learn new DevOps technologies and keep up with the latest and greatest technology stack
* Experience in writing test scripts using Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, Appium, Java, TestNG and REST Assured and JMeter.
* Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
* Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
* Must have experience with Selenium automation framework, developing/extending automation library, Selenium Web Drivers and abilities to write scripts and test in a headless browser way for variety of browser types and versions.
* Experience with cloud infrastructure environments, preferably AWS will be a plus
* Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks
* Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
* Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
* Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
* Wellness - Health and wellness programs include onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
* Education Assistance - up to 80% with a maximum of $3000 per calendar year
* 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
* Training - In-house Discover U courses on professional development
* Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you're looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.