Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Responsible for administering programs, or a portion of programs that are typically division-wide or company-wide in scope. Acts as an expert for the programs being administered and makes judgments regarding compliance with the programs' terms and parameters. Answers questions and provides standard information pertaining to programs being administered, routine details, and other frequently asked questions. Explains administrative procedures surrounding the programs and provides technical guidance as necessary. Provides technical interpretation of the program/plan documents.
Education and Experience
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years' experience as a program specialist or related professional area.
Other Required Skills
* Knowledge of the administrative processes related to the position typically gained through several years of related experience. * Knowledge of advanced functions of one or more business software packages primarily word processing, spreadsheet and database. * Knowledge of the technical regulatory requirements that pertain to the program(s) being administered
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
* Answers questions and provides standard information pertaining to programs being administered, routine details, and other frequently asked questions. * Explains the administrative procedures surrounding the program(s) and researches and responds to all questions regarding the program(s) including infrequently asked questions or nonrecurring issues. * Provides technical interpretation of the program/plan documents. * Independently performs research and analysis needed to address any questions or issues and presents information to a group. * Composes correspondence or documents pertaining to the program(s) being administered including unique information pertaining to a specific situation or exception. * Processes data related to the administration of the programs through an automated system. Reconciles accounts, researches discrepancies in the amounts charged to the accounts, and prepares reports related to the programs being administered. * Researches questions and problems regarding department policies, procedures, information or services, including those of a complex nature. * Develops and maintains a tracking or reporting system pertaining to the programs being administered utilizing spreadsheet, database or other software applications.
* Incumbent receives minimal supervision. Instructions are received at the beginning of complex projects and sensitive assignments and the resulting work is generally reviewed at completion. Incumbent has a high level of autonomy when handling requirements of their position. * Incumbent is responsible for setting priorities and establishing procedures for completing responsibilities. There may be significant variation in daily workload which requires constant, independent prioritization.
* Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions * and priorities change which may include learning new skills * Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change * Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
* Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely * Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate * Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
Job Related Business Focus
* Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success * Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers * Respects fellow associates * Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
Planning & Organizing
* Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues * impacting the plan * Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail‐oriented, maximizes resources, * meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
* Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate * Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
* Works well in a team environment * Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate * Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
* Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
* Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely, * professionally and accurately * Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and * professional skills needed to perform job duties * Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.