Job title: Sr Program/Project Manager
Are you an innovative and insightful thinker who likes solving complex business issues for diverse clients around the world? We're looking for a sharp analytical thinker join our Global Technology Services practice. In this interesting and diverse role, you'll manage the end-to-end project lifecycle for large and complex projects/programs in one or more of the Global Technology Services project portfolios. The Senior project/program manager leads and coordinates project/program team resources to ensure project/program milestones are met and the project/program is delivered on schedule and on budget with the highest standard of quality. The Senior project/program manager also manages project/program risk identification and resolution to keep projects/programs on track and able to deliver planned outcomes. The Senior project/program manager may have responsibility for managing day-to-day activities of other PMO team members as well as providing coaching and performance feedback.
* Leads cross-functional teams in the delivery of high-risk, complex programs/projects as per GTS program/project delivery guidelines and standards to meet technology and business requirements on time and within budget.
* Works with project managers on delivery of multiple projects within programs.
* Influences and executes project/program management methodologies and standards, including those within the GTS Project Delivery Process and SDLC.
* Identifies all program/project stakeholders and defines/clarifies roles and responsibilities.
* Works with all stakeholders to identify and confirm necessary project and program resources throughout the project lifecycle and resolves resource availability conflicts across the program.
* Builds detailed program/project master schedules and promotes collaboration through identified team sites.
* Oversees the activities of project managers and project teams within assigned program to ensure delivery of timely solutions.
* Conducts ongoing examination of projects within the program for compliance with established processes, project plans/schedules and budgets, influencing decisions on resource utilization and allocation at key project lifecycle decision points.
* Maintains oversight and accountability for program performance including creation/review of key project delivery metrics across projects within the program.
* Leads program/project issue/risk management, remediation plans, and escalations across channels, studios/service areas for projects within assigned programs - responsible for providing management direction in these areas and ensuring clear communication, consideration of all factors, generation of solution alternatives, and defined actionable plans.
* Prepares and delivers regular, audience-specific communications/reports/dashboards to ensure that program sponsors, CIO advisors and leadership are adequately apprised of program and project statuses, successes, risks and issues.
* Manages and tracks project/program budget/variance and takes corrective actions.
* Configures, utilizes, and supports key project management tools.
* Proposes changes to project methodologies, frameworks, and promotes best practices for continuous process improvement.
* Creates, manages, and maintains all project/program related documents.
* Documents, shares and leverages project/program lessons learned.
* Motivates and leads teams and fosters a mindset of collaboration and continuous process improvement.
* Provides regular and timely feedback to team members and their respective managers.
* Informally mentors other non-PMO team members on structured methodology, and best practices.
Talent management responsibility:
* Coaches/counsels direct reports.
* Provides counseling related to career path to direct reports.
* Guides direct reports in framing up of learning plan.
* Supports skill development of direct reports.
* Participates in performance review and feedback process.
* Helps resolve performance issues for direct reports.
What you'll be part of-our Deloitte Global culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and lead global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
In Deloitte Global, everyone has an opportunity to lead. We see the importance of your perspective and your ability to create value. We want you to fit in-with an inclusive culture, focus on work-life fit and well-being, and a supportive, connected environment; but we also want you to stand out-with opportunities to have a strategic impact, innovate, and take the risks necessary to make your mark.
Deloitte Global supports our talented professionals in answering the question: What impact will you make?
Who you'll work with:
In Global Technology Services, we make an impact by providing leading edge technology products and support to the entire Deloitte organization. We offer innovative technology solutions that cross borders and help Deloitte deliver and connect with their clients, their communities, and one another in ways they never thought possible.
To be considered for this role, there are certain qualifications you'll have to have. And others that would be really, really nice.
* Minimum 10 years experience managing large, complex, cross-functional IT projects.
* Minimum 10 years experience utilizing a structured project management methodology and formal tools/approaches.
* Proven expertise in project estimation, planning, tracking, scope control, risk and issues management as well as status reporting.
* Advanced knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, and presentation of metrics.
* Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
* Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
* Demonstrated ability to encourage, motivate and mentor team members.
Education & Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Business/IT.
* PMP/Prince 2 certification preferred.
* Agile/Scrum master certification a plus.
* Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
* Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Advanced skills in MS Project, Word, and Excel.
* Strong MS PowerPoint skills with proven record to create high impact audience specific presentations.
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do - that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com
Requisition code: DE20USAGTS006SO0261