Careers that Change Lives
In this exciting role you will be responsible for operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between program manager and Core Team members with the day to day project management duties. You will get exposure by interacting with the cross-functional team members (R&D, Product & Quality engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, Regulatory, HF, Clinical, Purchasing / Supply Chain, and Finance) focusing on the delivery of new or existing products.
A Day in the Life
Assist the program manager with the following:
* Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the programs Design History File (DHF).
* Insure projects are run in compliance with the Design Control SOP's or their subordinate DOP's.
* Act as facilitator for the cross functional team to assist in meetings required, project tasks and timelines.
* Responsible for the scheduling aspects of program management meetings, and design reviews.
* Responsible for publishing Core Team meeting minutes, action items, and tracking to completion.
* Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the project plans, budget (including resources) and schedule.
* Facilitates project risk management. Ensures information provided is timely, factual and accurate.
* Occasionally mediates / facilitates a cross functional process.
* Participates in Design Control audits and coordinates the corrective actions.
* Seeks out and engages regularly with peers, creating an environment of exchange and learning. Openly shares successes and failures to promote the group's collective learning.
* Back-up to Core Team Lead, as needed.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigne:
* Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
* Manages the development and implementation process of a company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
* Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
* Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
* Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
* Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Education and Years of Experience Required:
* BA/BS degree.
* 4+ years of experience in a project management/analyst function
* Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
* Experience with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office suits (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Nice to Have
* PMP training OR certification through PMI.
* Experience in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device, aerospace, or technology preferably in new product development in an R&D environment.
* 2+ years' experience in documentation system (SAP/Agile).
* Understand drug delivery devices, preferably insulin delivery devices.
* A background in assisting a Project Manager and/or Core Team leader is highly desirable.
* Basic understanding of ISO and FDA guidelines concerning Product Development.
* Strong communication (written and verbal) and mediation skills
* Strong facilitation, organizational, and problem solving skills
* Ability to influence management
* Ability to think strategically, execute and delegate effectively
* Audit and compliance experience
* Demonstrated cross-functional work experience on complex programs.
* Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards, including experience with project management concepts and principles.
* Enthusiasm towards process improvements and change management.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)