Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Responsible for the management, performance and completion of single or multiple communication system programs that require the development (hardware and software), manufacture, and test of electronic and electro-mechanical systems. Assures that contractual obligations are met within assigned budget and schedule. Serves as primary contact with customer on assigned programs that generally have a total value of $15-$50 million. Assignment will generally be to higher risk, higher value programs with responsibility at the total system level. This position will typically work under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages programs in accordance with contracts and Cubic Corporation and Cubic Defense Applications policies, procedures and department instructions.
* Ensures that contracts are met in the most efficient and profitable manner.
* Serves as primary contact for customers.
* Leads program execution to meet technical performance within cost and schedule.
* Manages, oversees, monitors and approves all elements of assigned program activities from inception to completion including proposal development, product design, procurement, subcontracting, manufacturing, testing, delivery, installation and acceptance of products.
* Plans and directs integration of a cross-functional program team that represents various organizations within the Company.
* Effectively manages programs within a project or matrix organization.
* Performs program financial management to ensure that profit is earned and cash is collected.
* Performs Earned Value Management tasks.
* Actively performs risk management and pursues risk reduction on assigned programs
* Identifies program issues with sufficient lead for timely resolution.
* Works to grow the program through contract changes and preplanned product improvements.
* Develops proposals for new business.
* Reviews and approves technical approach, feasibility and cost estimates.
* Coordinates proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications, estimation of product/service costs, negotiation and administration of contracts.
* Participates in marketing new technology, developing potential new business, and responsible for obtaining follow-on business in conjunction with Business Development.
* Proven understanding of engineering, operations (procurement, subcontracting, and manufacturing), system integration and test, quality assurance, configuration management, logistics, contract administration, standard business practices, finance, and the relationship of programs within a portfolio.
* May temporarily represent supervisor when required.
MIMIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in electronic, software or mechanical engineering or related technical discipline, plus a minimum of eight years of related technical or engineering experience including five years of project engineering/management, program management or other supervisory responsibility. Advanced engineering degree or MBA is desirable. Proven experience with fixed price and cost plus type DoD contracts is a requirement. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required. Proven ability to lead cross-functional program teams. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, make presentations and conduct negotiations with customers, subcontractors, and vendors. Requires knowledge of government procurement, contracting, and standards and specifications. Significant working knowledge of engineering, operations (procurement, subcontracting, and manufacturing), system integration and test, quality assurance, configuration management, logistics, contract administration, standard business practices, finance and the relationship of programs within a portfolio.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.