The Alexa Data Services (ADS) organization is engaged in the data processing to support the voice recognition for Alexa, the cloud-based service that powers devices like Amazon Echo, Echo Show, Echo Plus, Echo Spot, Echo Dot, and more. The Alexa service is always getting smarter, both for features, and for natural language understanding and accuracy. Because Alexa's brains are in the AWS cloud, she continually learns and adds more functionality, every hour, every day.
Come build the future of the voice-recognition for Alexa with us.
Sr. Program Manager, Quality is a newly created role to build world class Data Quality processes, metrics, tools, and solutions for ADS.
As a Sr. PM, (Data Quality) you will create a strategic roadmap for quality processes, reporting, and metrics and partner with a team of regional quality program managers driving a world class Quality operation to help enhance quality and customer experience for ADS globally. As a Program Manager in the ADS team, you will continually raise the bar on developing programs for quality operations worldwide. You will collaborate with Sr. Quality Manager to create and implement a strategy driving the quality of our data to a world class level.
Process: As a Quality Leader, you will be responsible for identifying, driving, and tracking strategic initiatives and developing a scalable way to monitoring a proliferation of metrics and reports. You'll lead development of an actionable goal commitment strategy that ensures the goals set for the quality organization are achieved or exceeded. In this role, you will collaborate with numerous operational, training, data, and software development teams to identify, define and specify solutions that improve both quality and investigator performances. You will be able to understand how to identify the right inputs to achieve meaningful outputs, implement closed loop processes and measures to ensure improvements are quantified. You will have proven ability to assess situations and guide teams toward both short-term and longer term systemic changes. In this role you will experience a wide range of difficult problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis, writing authoritative white papers/ quality documents, and deliver results that scale globally.
People: You will build collaborative relationships with stakeholders, Quality program managers, and operations teams, working closely to create and execute a quality project roadmap. You will also prepare and execute regular program updates to senior management. You'll develop an effective feedback strategy that conveys quantified progress and maintains engagement from our team, our stakeholders and our business partners. You will collaborate and mentor a high performing team of program managers that are the best in class quality improvement leaders.
The successful Sr. Program Manager will be a strong process leader with a background in building and improving quality processes and running effective teams delivering against a high paced schedule. S(H)e should be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality improvement, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations. S(H)e must should have a strong hands-on experience in Program management and deliverables with an ability to collaborate and to lead cross-functional teams to help execute a high level quality improvement strategy based on a data driven approach. The manager will be a strong quality advocate with an excellent planning and optimization mindset to drive parity and convergence between already in-flight programs/processes and ideal state new programs/processes.
The successful Program Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class program for continuous improvements, able to develop and drive a detailed quality strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to executing that strategy as necessary. S(H)e will be the authority in all things related to quality programs and operate with a high degree of autonomy and manage ambiguous problem statements into structured solutions.
In this role, you will:
* have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced start up environment and will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep.
* Define, measure and utilize program KPI's to improve the overall program.
* Dive deep to understand areas of optimization across operations and functional teams; translate findings into program requirements, develop program strategy to solve for requirements.
* Translate analytic insights from programs into concrete, actionable recommendations for operational, program or product improvements.
* Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary.
* Manage the entire lifecycle of the initiatives you're responsible for including showing operations success and developing on further iterations.
* Collaborate with Development, Data Engineering and Operations teams to define and develop Data Quality Metrics, Workflow Categorizations and standardize a quality review process for Alexa Data operations.
* Synergize ongoing Data Quality initiatives, develop strategic quality roadmap for Worldwide Alexa Data operations for delivering the highest quality data products.
* Be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products and applications that customers love.
* Provide clear and concise quality assessments of data products from full data sets of test results.
* Work with cross-functional teams for the development of robust quality feedback loops into training, analytics, and process to drive continuous improvement.
* Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, identify trends, develop solutions and prioritize opportunities for overall process improvements.
* Provide meaningful and valuable write ups and program reports.
* Work with Customer and Operations teams to understand data and quality needs
* Verify Quality Metrics in place and meet goals, trigger containment actions and corrective actions as appropriate
* Lead and support problem solving activities for Quality Alert as well as any other quality issues
S(he) should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define quality goals. This position involves regular communication with senior management on quality program status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be a recognized expert for their process/quality management and process/quality improvement abilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
* As a Program Manager, Data Quality Assurance Management, on a day-to-day basis, you will create strategies and initiatives that will lead an organization of close-knit Quality Program Managers that are incredibly data driven, quality obsessed, and highly collaborative.
* You'll drive exciting Quality Improvement programs that set the standard for Quality across operations teams, drive automation efforts across various programs that become industry best practices.
* You will also find yourself partnering across organizations with world-class technical leaders, Engineers, Research Scientists, Best in class operations leaders, and Data Analysts who have expertise in a wide range of disciplines.
* As Quality Managers on our team we'd love to break things to see how they work, improve on what works, discard what doesn't, and learn from both. We do all of this using data driven approaches that measure quality of our services, processes and tools that enforce automation.
* Establish quality standards by role, region and vertical. Engage data engineering and analytics to deliver automated solutions, where possible.
* Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution.
* Work closely with Workforce, Analytics, Data Engineering, and Software Engineering teams to drive initiatives on Operational efficiency.
Strong business acumen with exceptional technical and cross-functional project management experience. The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon core business values and initiatives, and translate those into forward looking solutions. S(h)e will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment and will display creative and analytical problem solving skills. S(h)e person will possess a proven track record of delivering quality programs at scale and with high levels of performance. The ability to prioritize multiple deliverables to meet customer and business needs is critical for this role. Must have lead a team of 4+ program managers/engineers in quality programs delivering large scale value addition with quality improvement.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.