At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber is seeking a skilled Senior Program Manager to own strategic priorities and goals for Growth Platform at Uber. The mission of Growth Platform is to unlock growth by enabling meaningful, real-time and trustworthy customer engagement throughout the customer journey. This role demands outstanding project management skills, technical aptitude, strategic thinking, and strong leadership and communications skills to empower our partner teams with the technology to deliver results.
The perfect candidate for this role has broad cross-organizational awareness. You will actively look for opportunities to align disparate teams' and to identify high priority needs, working across stakeholder groups to figure out how these needs fit into the larger vision. You will lead various initiatives across our sub-teams and priorities, which include communications, customer identity, automation and more.
You demonstrate strong domain expertise and drive solutions with a deep understanding of customers. You are seen as a resource who is trusted with decision making and you are capable of unblocking hurdles for the team. You will work closely with internal product teams, as well as marketing and operational stakeholders, helping set the team up for success and driving impact with every opportunity.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, program managers and users to run projects that deliver critical business capabilities
* Translate business requirements to executable stories and drive execution
* Track project dependency and perform gap analysis
* Manage the complete lifecycle of large-scale, high-profile Growth Platform projects. Projects range from enhancements, new application implementation, custom development and integrations, all requiring coordination of internal and external cross-functional teams.
* Gather requirements, set up project plan, identify risks, resolve key project conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths
* Manage and prioritize multiple projects and enhancements
* Establish strong relationships within Product, Marketing, Operations and other key business partners and ensure comprehensive and timely communication of projects to all relevant stakeholders
* Use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, drive actions, and measure success
* Continuously evaluate and refine tools and processes to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
* Challenge the status quo and foster shared understanding, transparency, mastery, autonomy, innovation and continuous learning
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
* Experience leveraging technology to develop and improve processes
* Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and deliver results even in ambiguous situations
* Ability to collect and analyze data, including developing and reporting on metrics
* Experience and desire to work in an environment similar to a high tech startup.
* Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong computer skills (e.g., proficiency with SharePoint, MS Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.