Oversees, develops and analyzes policies and practices related to project management and the project management office. Develops, analyzes and oversees project quality assurance and resource allocation. Enhances program and project management capabilities and operational oversight. Develops, edits and executes project plans to manage the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects. Defines, develops and deploys standardized project management tools and templates to ensure projects are completed efficiently.
Job Function: Project Management
Develops, edits and implements project plans to manage the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects (i.e., resources, scope, schedule, cost, assumptions and dependencies). Manages work streams, prepares status reports and interfaces with stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution are aligned with defined objectives. Coordinates and communicates the activities of project personnel with relevant stakeholders to ensure progress within time and budget constraints.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Program Management implements, communicates, and expands various programs ensuring they have the resources needed to succeed. S/he assists in overseeing and managing planning, coordinating, executing, and reporting on programs. The incumbent supports the program manager in execution of assigned programs.
* Develops and manages product development priorities by coordinating with programs and customer service. * Authors and executes product development plans. * Supports resource planning. * Generates, tracks and maintains project action items and risks. * Ensures program managers and task managers receive financial updates. * Prepares contract deliverables for government and partners in industry as required and reviews incoming invoices for accuracy prior to management approval. * Support program manager in execution of assigned programs, and oversee internal and external production elements. * Assists in the capture, scoping, and definition of system capabilities. * Assists the IT team in management, prioritization, and project initiation for new business requests. * Supports various business teams and IT sponsors to define and document the scope of new business processes and capabilities. * Assists with the continued rollout of new functionality supporting architecture throughout the company. * Supports definition of system requirements including documenting processes, business requirements and resulting technology needs. * Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems. * Supports senior managers in the planning of new projects, including creating communication plans and developing project communications.
* Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers. * Other duties as assigned.
* Education - * Bachelor's Degree * or equivalent work experience
* Experience - * 5-9 years Hands-on experience with product design and testing, customer service, and community management. * 5 years Project Management experience working in a team environment with Microsoft products (Word, Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint).
* Skills & Abilities - * Self-motivated, enthusiastic, strong work ethic * Highly organized, strong time management skills, and ability to follow-up action items and requests * Results oriented * Quality and improvement focused * Ability to multi-task * Strong oral and written communication skills * Ability to work with various levels of people in the organization * Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment * Constant desire to learn
* Change Orientation - Flexibility: * Proficient - Applying and Executing * Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change * Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands *
* Change Orientation - Innovation: * Proficient - Applying and Executing * Initiates creation or modification of procedures, policies, systems or structures to more effectively meet customer needs and requirements *
* Change Orientation - Support for Change: * Proficient - Applying and Executing * Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work * Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments *
* Collaboration - Relationship Management: * Proficient - Applying and Executing * Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one's team to get work done * Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow *
* Collaboration - Teamwork: * Proficient - Applying and Executing * Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change * Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members *
* Execution - Accountability: * Proficient - Applying and Executing * Follows through to meet commitments to others * Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands *
* Execution - Excellence: * Proficient - Applying and Executing * Organizes and prioritizes workload and tasks for oneself and team members * Actively plans ahead for routine and cyclical work *
* Problem Solving - Problem Identification: * Proficient - Applying and Executing * Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious *
* Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking. * Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. * Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
* This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. * The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.