The Program Management Office in the Dell Technologies Solutions BU in the VMware office of the CTO is looking for a dynamic Sr. Program manager based in our Austin office to support our internal releases, projects, execution and tooling of the joint solutions with Dell, Dell EMC.You will report to the Sr. Manager - Program Management and PMO to apply a comprehensive execution plan, cadence and governance as relating to VMware-Dell Solutions.
Be part of a team that is driving opportunities and changing how we work across Dell Technologies. In this role you will hold "better together", "shared outcomes" front of mind to ensure reciprocal product requirements and dependency management through regular joint interlocks and open program reviews with the Dell and VMware leadership team.
Job Role and Responsibility:
You possess business insight, a real passion for process detail and efficiency as well as engineering wherewithal in order to help guide the development teams to bring their product to market.
In this role you will hold "better together", "shared outcomes" front of mind to ensure reciprocal product requirements and dependency management through regular joint interlocks and open program reviews with the Dell and VMware leadership team. You will be working with remote teams that are geographically distributed and some amount of travel may be required.
* You will collaborate and coordinate between Dell and EMC and VMware teams to Build and maintain a detailed project timeline that will include all project tasks and encompass all sites in the project
* Establish metrics, predictability and transparency in keeping teams in sync across companies.
* Build a partnership with product management, engineering and marketing teams to achieve key strategic goals.
* You thrive as a driven, change manager who can introduce solutions and processes to improve engineering execution.
* Ability to communicate at appropriate levels of technical and strategic detail to all levels of the organization including C-level executives.
* Use cross company tools and process to report status of completion of features, remove obstacles and statuses as they relate to release and program cadence.
* Partner with engineering on top initiatives and projects - as related to ideation, patches, releases, interoperability and execution.
* Partner with business development and product management for conference support, offsites and other engagements
* Ability to learn technologies quickly, understand business opportunities and get into the details to own and drive program objectives.
* Identify processes to improve, and able to change-manage and introduce solutions to improve engineering execution.
* Run reports, show status and follow up on execution based on reports. Improve accountability of engineering, product marketing and testing/rollout.
* Drive major initiatives within engineering, working with Test, Development, Product Management and Release central teams.
* Proven experience with juggling and prioritizing a broad range of projects at once, willingness to hustle
* 5+ years of experience in running complex projects for a technology, software or consumer electronics company
* Bachelor's' degree in engineering disciplines is required (Computer Science, Software is preferred)
* Strong communication (written and oral), analytical, organizational, social and conflict management skills
* Experience in running a complex project with over 100 participants, multi-sites, and multi- teams.
* Familiarity with Confluence, MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Rally.
* Program management certification desirable
* Proven technical knowledge in engineering and testing is a highly desirable
* Has worked in Dell, EMC and VMware technologies is an advantage.
* Experience with infrastructure hardware and software products such as server, storage, data protection, Software Defined Data Center and VMware products such as hypervisor, SDDC management, networking, virtualized storage and SaaS based services is an advantage.
* Detailed-oriented, strong communicator, terrific listener.
* Change-management understanding, tools/reporting rollout is a plus, data driven.
* Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
* Ability to build and assemble sustainable systems and tools to provide objective data and status and foresee project closures
* Strong presentation and organizational skills.
VMware is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.