The NFL is seeking a Senior Program Manager of Execution to join the Planning and Project Management Office (PMO) at our NFL Media office in Culver City, CA. This position will lead our quarterly execution process across the digital portfolio. The ideal candidate will possess extensive program and project management experience and excel at coordinating cross-project and cross-team activities. They are accountable and skillful at helping teams and individuals succeed while reporting progress, velocity, adjustments and risks as part of a reporting collection and roll-up to senior leadership.
The Senior Program Manager, Execution will be responsible for managing execution while working with outsourced project managers. The ideal candidate is an aspiring leader with experience delivering across different disciplines and delivery models. They have experience leading teams to produce results in a timely manner.
The Senior Program Manager will work with a broad group of internal and external stakeholders including finance, sales, marketing, product development, content, engineering and external vendors to manage projects that cut across the Media organization. This position must balance digital, technical and project management skills and expertise to provide the necessary environment for project success
* 5-7 years project management experience, preferably in the digital media space
* In-depth working knowledge of different SDLC methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Lean)
* In-depth working knowledge of different delivery models (partner, internal, mix)
* BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
* Proven experience as a Program Manager
* Experience managing small teams and multiple simultaneous projects
* Influential style, particularly building relationships with cross functional partners; ability to drive collaboration
* Understanding of project planning, targets and deliverables management, decision-making and escalation points
* Comfort working across multiple delivery models (kanban vs. sprint, internal and external
* Strong knowledge of change management principles
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written formats
* Aptitude with time and project management, managing multiple deadlines at once
* Ability to develop presence and experience communicating at the leadership level
* In-depth working knowledge of a variety of planning and project management tools (e.g. Jira,
* Confluence, MS Project, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel) and other desktop or web based programs used to warehouse, track, and analyze project data.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 3 years working in the Digital Media Space
* Experience working with Agile methodologies
* Experience working with traditional program and project management methodologies
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics:
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
* Ability to build relationships in a matrix organization
* Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others
* In-depth knowledge of new and/or emerging technologies and the ability to understand the
* implementation of cutting-edge technology and how it impacts business processes and systems.
* No supervisory responsibility
* Must be able to work in an office environment
* Occasional travel - Will require less than 10% travel
Expected Hours of Work:
* Minimum 40 hours per week, additional hours as needed.