Microsoft runs on trust. As our lives and businesses are becoming increasingly digitized, trust is the glue that holds our world together. To create and enhance this trust, we must proactively protect our customers, partners and Microsoft from operational risk. We mitigate risks such as fraud, corruption, counterfeiting, theft, impersonation, and harmful content. To do this, we work across vast ecosystems containing troves of data. We also work with the latest technologies available as we build modern solutions focused on risk protection. With every new transaction, our services get smarter and our customers get safer.
Our Content Protection team's mission is to proactively protect Microsoft and its customers from illegal, extreme, inappropriate, and regulatory sensitive content. The explosion in online user generated content and the scale and complexity of moderating it has resulted in the world's most human-impacting, challenging problems that the brightest minds at Microsoft and the world are solving today. Come join the team that's leading the fight at Microsoft. We embrace collaboration, agility, and the belief that experimentation (failing fast) drives innovation . In our daily work, we demonstrate growth mindset, integrity, grit, vision, curiosity and courage; we require you to bring those values as well. You will work with experts across domains that include cloud architecture, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, cybersecurity, legal, philanthropy and operations.
Now let's talk about you. We are seeking a curious, growth-oriented engineering PM to help us create, and then deliver against, a clear set of requirements for Content Moderator, a fast-growing compliance platform that services both internal and external customers. Do you crave the opportunity to build world-impacting solutions that most people wouldn't believe are possible? Are you motivated by getting your hands dirty and contributing in small ways too? Do you believe that your current skills and future potential can help us build and operate best-in-class, highly scalable cloud solutions? We face large volumes of complex incoming priorities, and we turn them into elegant, nimble experiences that amplify human ingenuity. This work is not easy, but it is meaningful and exciting every day. If you buy into the values of our team and feel that you have skills to offer, come talk to us. Let's work together to build a new foundation of trust for our world's digital future.
* 7+ years minimum experience in product management, program management or engineering
* 8+ years of experience working with technical professionals develop complex solutions or organization-wide, customer-centric solutions
* 5+ years of managing multi-resource projects in a fast-paced environment
* 3+ years hands-on experience delivering software or services that rely on cloud / AI
* Experience applying Agile methodologies and practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
* Growth mindset, strong technical acumen, and ability to work across multiple disciplines
* Experience working with internal information security, governance and compliance teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to see the big picture
* Practical understanding of the full life-cycle of large-scale modern software, QA processes, CI/CD, TDD, cloud development and DevOps engineering practices
* A degree in a related technical field, bootcamp certification, agile certification
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Serve as feature PM for Content Moderator, proposing innovative new technical features
* Work with internal and external requirements to aggregate a high-quality backlog
* Clearly define user stories and success criteria to deliver against business goals
* Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the company
* Refine product backlog each sprint so that our engineers can help realize the vision
* Drive sprint prioritization, product backlog prioritization, and unblock team
* Interact with roles across various teams to define, simplify, and deliver key features
* Anticipate bottlenecks, escalations, tradeoffs, and technical constraints
* Identify, assess, track and mitigate project issues and risks
* Create, maintain and disseminate project information to key stakeholders
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.