Are you passionate about customer experience and someone who enjoys tackling big challenges in a dynamic environment? Have you led customer onboarding programs? Amazon Web Service (AWS) Commerce Platform Bill Generation team is looking for a passionate and talented Program Manager to join our team!
AWS is a rapidly growing, industry defining business within Amazon.com. We provide developers and their organizations building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of customers use AWS to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. AWS Billing systems process trillions of events each month to continuously refresh billing console data and provide monthly bills for customers. Bill Generation combines large scale (processing trillions of events a month, averaging 40M events per second emitted by AWS's global infrastructure in 11 regions), high accuracy (the computation produces results with 8 decimal accuracy), and flexibility (supporting business use cases for AWS services such as EC2, S3, CloudFront, etc.). All of this results in computational artifacts (i.e. bills, detailed billing reports) for all AWS customers (~2 million).
The AWS CP Bill Generation teams are inventing new ways of building flexible, massively scalable and globally distributed systems for Metering and Billing for all AWS products and services.
As the CP Onboarding Program Manager, you will own the CP Onboarding program for Bill Generation which includes: new service launches including support for major AWS events, ongoing price management, create and maintain customer documentation and office hours, continual process improvements with a focus on customer experience. This role will support AWS Service Owners to transform and reduce their service onboarding and offer management processes, identifying points of friction, propose requirements and build business cases to advocate for customer experience improvement projects. This role is required to serve as a hands-on program manager, resolving escalations, gathering data, supporting projects and building world class customer experiences by applying operational excellence best practices.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. She or he must be a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Amazon's metering and billing processes as well as the behavior of Amazon's internal systems. She or he will be analytical in their decision making, with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion. Experience in the billing and payments industry is preferred.
* Innovative approaches to solve complex problems and thrive when faced with ambiguity
* Facilitating operational relationships with internal customers ---advocating and educating on processes and solutions
* Create process driven SOPs and training, as well as external-facing documentation and messaging
* Resolving customer impacting issues with technology teams
* Interfacing with business and technical customers, gathering requirements and producing data-driven analysis; partnering with internal teams to support new service and product offers through post launch billing cycle
* You will be expected to dive deep in all areas of the product, pricing and bill generation processes
* Developing metrics for assessing performance and trends
* You will be expected to demonstrate significant annual efficiency improvements
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.