The Enterprise Business Systems, Sr. CRM Analyst will be responsible to support the expansion of CoreLogic's Lead to Cash business function within its use of Oracle CX (Customer Experience) Cloud applications. The successful candidate will engage with various business stakeholder groups to understand their system/user needs and translate them into application functional/technical requirements to be delivered in conjunction with their IT team counterparts. They will assist in defining scope, objectives, systems configuration, testing, and implementation of various projects. In addition, they will work to provide continuous improvement and ongoing support of developed application functionality. A successful candidate must have skills to manage both a customer and development teams, at all levels, to explain concepts, maintain continuity across the different work streams of complex business and data projects / programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Requirements & Analysis:
* Partner with business, internal and external technology teams to analyze existing and future state business processes, systems and flows of data to define associated system requirements and solutions
* Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
* Develop and maintain application documentation related to developed business processes
Solutions Design, Delivery & Support:
* Engage in the full cycle of project delivery process (i.e. requirement, design, build, test, go live, and support)
* Be proactive and take initiative to gather information, investigate gaps / issues, identify potential solutions and presents to both business and IT stakeholders
* Work closely with vendors, implementation partners, architects, developers and business units to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
* Facilitate review sessions with functional owners, subject matter experts and end-user representatives
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* College degree (B.S.) in related technical / business areas strongly preferred
* 3 years of experience with CX applications (i.e. CRM, Digital Marking, CPQ etc..) from a large tier application provider. Experience on Oracle cloud platforms - specifically Engagement Cloud, would be a plus
* 5 years of experience in IT business operations related to software development, systems design and deployment or technical architecture
* Ability to develop business/technical requirements and write technical specifications
* Familiarity with modeling techniques
* Strong SDLC process discipline, (e.g. requirements and design approaches)
* Strong oral and written skills. Attention to detail; ability to create high quality output
* Microsoft Office and Analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal / relationship management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously. Customer service orientation
* Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities; Organizational and time-management abilities
* Demonstrated clear understanding of the technology organization and business strategy, operating model(s), and products of CoreLogic
* Familiarity with IT management methodologies (CMM/CMMI, COBIT, eTOM, ISO, ITIL, or others)
* Experience with application middleware or applicable cloud integration technologies. Additionally, knowledge of PaaS toolsets especially helpful
* Relevant industry recognized certifications and or achievements (i.e. Oracle certified professional, etc.).
* Experience working with abstract concepts in innovative ways to solve problems. Experience with consensus building to bring together opposing views and steering debates toward practical solutions and paths forward
CoreLogic offers an empowered work environment that encourages creativity, initiative and professional growth and provides a competitive salary and benefits package. CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to attracting and retaining the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or status as a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogic maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone's unique contributions, experiences and values. Please apply on our website for consideration.
CoreLogic provides information intelligence to identify and manage growth opportunities, manage business performance and risk.