It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch and HuffPost help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G, we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content, advertising and technology.
Do you yearn to develop product expertise on a cutting edge, technology-driven platform? At Verizon Media, we are disrupting the advertising industry and revolutionizing programmatic buying and selling on all screens. Do you want to work closely with a best-in-class business and engineering teams while still directly supporting customers? Looking for the right balance of exercising your technical skills while applying your business and people skills? Then this role is perfect for you.
Our Video Strategy and Product Growth team is launching and growing a suite video ad products for our O&O and 3rd Party Publishers and there is a critical need for a well-versed business and technical savvy Sr. Product Solution Engineer to help ensure our customers are successful.
As a Sr. Product Solutions Engineer, you will be joining our Video Strategy and Product Growth team and acting as the technical expert to ensure a seamless and successful product launch. We are looking for an individual with ad tech experience solving technical and complex problems in programmatic advertising. The right candidate should possess the ability to work cross-functionally with internal teams and clients directly. Our ideal candidate approaches new situations with curiosity and enthusiasm, has an innate passion for learning new things and solving problems, and is highly motivated to deliver exceptional service.
* Be the technical programmatic product expert for internal and external customers
* Work cross-functionally (Product, Engineering, Sales and other teams) to ensure issues and blockers are resolved in a timely manner
* Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering on product deliverables to ensure important use cases and scenarios are considered
* Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve technical hurdles
* Maintain proficiency in our Video SSP and related ad products & technologies
* Participate in customer or internal calls as needed to expedite resolution
* Learn and use various web debugging tools
* Continued learning of new product features
* A programmer or developer who enjoys working with customers and solving technical problems on the fly!
* Self-motivated and enjoys innovating
* Possess an entrepreneurial and growth mindset
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency about delivering results
* Be very comfortable with leveraging data to troubleshoot and resolve issues
* Proactively inform team members about developments that may be relevant to the team
* Work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds, and/or styles
* Earn trust and credibility by executing against team goals, even when it means helping others with their work
* Demonstrate good judgment in routine, day-to-day decisions; know when to make a judgment call, know when to escalate
* Minimum 3 yrs of experience as a Software Engineer/Developer, Solutions Engineer or similar technical roles in advertising technology
* Ad platform and video programmatic advertising experience is a huge PLUS
* Basic understanding of HTTP client-server workflows; you know images or other media are hosted and served to your browser
* Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
* Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skill
* Aptitude for, and interest in learning new applications and platforms
* Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to interact with clients and internal business & technical teams
* Experience in advertising technology, media, and ad platform is a huge +
* BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistic, Business or related degree and or equivalent related work experience
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.