Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People's Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers' lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we're creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Sr. Product Owner, you will act as voice of customer within the agile delivery team. Elicit business requirements and document in the form of epics, features and user stories. Collaborate and communicate daily with delivery team and accept or reject work results. Create, maintain and outline work in the product backlog, determine which work items and deliverables will produce the most business value and prioritize it based on business value. Develop and maintain strong relationships with business partners to facilitate discussions and ensure successful execution of product features. Lead collaboration with business stakeholders and act as the voice of the customer within the delivery team. Guide work prioritization and ensure stakeholder collaboration and buy-in. Provide analysis on complex or abstract problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Guided by area and individual objectives, receives guidance in only the most complex situations. Analysis is consistent with organization's objectives. Demonstrate specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise and broad domain and business knowledge.
What you'll do
* Act as the voice of the customer to the Agile delivery team. Understand business strategies and requirements as well as interrelated dependencies and represent them to the delivery team. Facilitate the relationship with the business partners and user community, bringing their voice to the delivery team. Demonstrates depth of expertise of business with both deep and broad domain knowledge. Act as a liaison with business stakeholders by planning, conducting and leading analysis efforts for new system implementations as well as system upgrades and maintenance. Influences product strategy. Lead collaborative decomposition sessions to identify high level scope of work across business and IT areas.
* Collaborate with Product Management to develop a roadmap of epics and features. Provide input to product strategy based on deep knowledge and expertise of domain. Collaborate with business partners, IT partners and delivery teams to develop clear and concise documentation of customer objectives/value; Identify, refine and document business requirements in the form of epics, features and user stories with clear acceptance criteria and minimum viable product. Identify related user stories and epics and group them into themes as necessary and document the inter-relationship and associates business process flows as necessary. Actively collaborate with the delivery team in solution design and development. Coordinate with other Agile teams to ensure alignment on solution, priorities and dependencies. Manage user acceptance testing. Sign off on completed user stories and user acceptance testing. Facilitate product and release demo, taking accountability for feedback and outcomes. Establish release criteria in coordination with Product Manager. Clearly communicate release content and value to business partners and IT leadership. Leverage data to guide product strategy.
* May lead or guide UAT with end users.
* Build and maintain product backlog. Prioritize backlog of user stories in alignment with product roadmap. Collaborate with the delivery team on a regular cadence to refine and optimize the backlog. Collaborate with the delivery team to identify dependencies on other teams. Provide guidance in assessing Product opportunities and risks and utilize KPIs and metrics to optimize product.
* Identify ways to improve processes and accelerate value to our customers. Identify ways to continually improve on quality standards. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency. Mentor more junior staff within the team and mentor other product owners.
What you'll bring
* Bachelor's degree in information systems or computer science and eight (8+) or more years of business systems analysis, including three (3) years product ownership experience.
* Candidate must have the equivalent in education, and eight (8) years relevant experience.
* Experience in a software development environment with Agile development practices, including Scrum and SAFe.
* Experience using SQL for data analysis.
* Knowledge of product development tools including Azure DevOps Services, Visual Studio, Confluence, and Product Plan.
* Demonstrate the accountability and commitment necessary to ensure successful delivery of outcomes.
* Detailed understanding of business strategies, needs and process within aligned domain and high level understanding of supporting business and IT domains; clearly explains them to the delivery team.
* A trusted advisor for both business and IT stakeholders; manages competing business and IT stakeholder expectations and priorities; provides a sustainable and high level of stakeholder experience.
* Guide and influence the delivery team to meet expectations for solution quality and performance; provides clear functional and non-functional quality expectations that are incorporated into acceptance criteria and definition of done; ability define and lead user acceptance testing process.
* Serve as a role model for effective team work; works well as a team member as well as successfully facilitating collaboration across multiple teams, departments, functions or levels.
* Experience defining software requirements for highly complex products/solutions; expert knowledge of analytical tools, relational databases and software applications; proven ability to analyze highly complex data and business processes.
* Strong facilitation skills; ability to facilitate large, diverse group discussions on extremely complex topics to achieve defined outcomes; leverages a variety of facilitation techniques depending on the specific needs of the audience and topic.
* Comfortable with change or uncertainty; ability to bring clarity to ambiguous highly complex requirements or scenarios.
What we offer
* Medical, vision and dental coverage
* Life and disability insurance
* Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
* Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
* Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
* Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
* Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at email@example.com or via phone at 425-918-4785.