At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As Product Manager for Uber's Computer Vision & Conversational AI teams, your mission is to democratize this tech across Uber in order to deliver magical experiences to our customers.
Our Conversational AI platform aims to make interacting with Uber as easy as talking to a friend. Our team has built the first voice-based product at Uber to allow drivers and couriers to drive with Uber without touching the app. The speech and NLU technology we're developing is also being used to improver pickups and support .
Our Computer Vision platform is focused on understanding complicated interactions and behaviors in the physical world via cameras. Our team is using computer vision technology to ensure that Jump bikes and scooters are being used by riders in a safe and compliant manner. And, we're working on making restaurant onboarding for Eats more efficient.
Uber is looking for a Product Manager who can work with experts in machine learning to drive massive impact and revolutionize transportation and logistics. You will build an extensible platform for leveraging computer vision and conversational AI technology across Uber's multiple lines of business. And, you will own the vision for scaling this outside of Uber for city planning, third-party transportation & logistics needs, and beyond.
We're looking for people who have the following characteristics:
* Fast learner. You thrive on applying knowledge and experience to new domains, and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the fast pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
* Ability to build platforms. Our teams are solving one-off problems. You will drive a platform strategy, roadmap, and product offering.
* Identify Integration. Get deeply familiar with our innovations and make tactical decisions about how to link cutting-edge research within UberAI to our existing ML platforms. Examples include: Ludwig, PyML, Autotuning, & Pyro
* You strive to prove that speed and quality are not conflicting.
* You lead and inspire a high-performing team, while managing stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Data Science, Legal, and Operations.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Need
* 4+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
* A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent.
* Concrete experience landing ML-based products that have delivered impact (bonus if it is in the domain of natural language, conversational products, computer vision, augmented reality, or gaming)
* A "driver" personality. You don't let balls drop, and you're constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
* User-centricity. You are unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
* Data oriented. You set up experiments to measure things that will in turn drive decisions.
About the Team
Uber AI is an integrated product and research organization. Our mission is to make AI and machine learning maximally impactful at Uber by pushing the frontiers of research, collaborating on innovative applications, and developing high quality scalable platforms.
Within Uber AI, the Computer Vision Platform team is democratizing this technology across Uber. The team is rapidly growing, and is responsible for developing state of the art computer vision and machine learning solutions to derive inferences from image and video data that directly drive efficiencies across the company.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.