Dow Jones and its Professional Information Business (PIB) is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the technology team based in London, New york and Princeton.
Like all our designers, your primary responsibility is to the user. You will empathize with and understand the goals, desires and needs of our target users. You'll use this knowledge to inform concepts and innovative solutions across our B2B products and projects.
In this position you will be collaborating with and working alongside product managers, engineers, researchers and business stakeholders to define the user experience and design of our PIB digital products and tools.
You will own your projects from initial discovery and research through to agile delivery alongside your technology partners.
Responsibilities and what you'll do
* Work closely with product managers, and engineers to implement and deliver products.
* Further develop and help implement the DJ design system, ensuring a consistent and coherent user experience and aesthetic voice with a high level of quality and polish
* Rapidly produce innovative designs, whilst maintaining bigger picture design and UX consistency
* Evangelize best UI/UX practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
* Work with cross-functional staff and departments to deliver against project goals
* Develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
* Prioritize and manage work, adhering to project timelines
* Recommend new tools and technology when applicable
* Comfortable with working on complex B2B products for professionals
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Experienced in designing experiences for data-rich websites and apps
* Passion for identifying and solving user problems
* Comfortable in a highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders based in remote office locations including New York City, London, Hong Kong, and Princeton, New Jersey
* Good knowledge of human centered design principles and design thinking processes.
* Experience with all aspects of product design from discovery to delivery.
* Skilled with Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC and other design and prototyping tools
* Solid understanding of current Web and App technologies
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Category: Design Technology Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 14663
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a news and business information provider that delivers content to consumers and organizations via newspapers and more.