About Daily Burn
DailyBurn.com is a leading online health and fitness tech brand delivering high-quality subscription mobile, video & audio workout programs to help members reach their fitness goals. Daily Burn brings fitness to members, anytime, anywhere through its streaming and mobile workouts in a variety of disciplines, from running and high-intensity cardio, to yoga and strength training. Daily Burn's elite group of trainers provide specialized expertise to members through a best-in class library of workouts, as well as a daily live-streamed show. Across all categories we have classes ranging from beginner to advanced. From mobile, laptop or TV, a great workout experience is only a tap away.
About Your Role
As Senior Product Designer you'll set the creative vision for a cross-functional team, creating the best mobile applications for the fitness and health category. You have extensive experience developing inspired, consumer-facing mobile products, and are excited to build technology to improve our customers' overall health. You'll be hands-on, are a great collaborator, have strong design acumen, strong business judgment, and excellent communication skills. In addition to mobile you'll also own visual design across marketing and production.
We believe the role of a good Senior Product Designer is to design, build, and iterate on innovative products and features that provide the greatest impact to not only our audience, but also our business. We make decisions based on best practices, data and research, and would look to you for design instincts, honed over many development cycles. Our Senior Product Designer will be excited by work that includes the user experience, enjoys finding creative design solutions to address user and market needs, and will help develop a cohesive message that inspires potential users. You'll help the entire Daily Burn team to understand the vision as well.
This position is an exciting opportunity for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset looking to develop and market innovative products for real user needs. The role is based in our New York, NY office. Some international travel may be required.
* Design & UX Vision: Own the creative and design vision for our product(s), contributing to the overall product & UX strategy for how products will work and what problems they will solve
* Leadership: Lead the design discipline at Daily Burn, managing both internal and external design resources in the development of products, as well as in marketing and branding
* Product Development: Create and execute on design & UX strategies and processes that enable the development, launch, optimization, and maintenance/retirement of our products; work with cross-functional team on development of desired product functionality, approve designs, and make decisions to ensure that we are on track to meet business goals
* Marketing Development: Oversee design resources that work closely with our marketing and production teams to rapidly conceive, deliver, launch and optimize campaigns and assets (static, animated, video, landing pages). Help our target consumers understand our brand and offering, plus take the next step to purchase
* Customer Focus: Drive your team to always create solutions for customers first; develop strategies to research what our customers might want or need, and then validate hypotheses through testing; ensure we are creating products for our tens of millions of customers that are as beautiful and functional as possible
* Metrics: Determine the right design metrics and processes to track for our product(s); be on top of the competitive landscape to ensure that we are differentiating
* 5+ years of design & UX experience for consumer-facing tech products & services
* Experience directing designers on end-to-end delivery of fast-paced and/or complex projects
* Strong experience defining design vision, and driving concept & delivery
* Notable experiences in design of mobile apps, video streaming apps, health and fitness services, or subscription products are all a plus
* Strong understanding of graphic design, styles, typography, branding & UX principles and how to best apply
* Experience with techniques to develop the right minimum viable products, as well as optimizing existing products through prototyping, user testing, and multi-variate testing
* Proficiency in design & image editing software; video editing a plus
* Deep knowledge of design development; experience in an agile environment a plus
* Strong aesthetic skills
* Attention to visual details
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Strong communication and collaboration skills with cross-functional teams; optimism, perseverance and a good sense of humor are pluses
* We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), Mosaic Group (Apalon, Daily Burn, iTranslate, Teltech) is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Match Group, Vimeo, HomeAdvisor, & DotDash. IAC is consistently ranked among Fortune magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.