Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a professional with experience in Systems Engineering and Quality disciplines to implement and manage a Systems Assurance program and specific customer mission assurance flow down requirements. System Assurance is a new role within SAS Mission Assurance responsible for assuring products meet their specified requirements, are consistent, complete, and correct as warranted for the system and operational environment, and satisfy program, product line, business, customer, and mission needs.
System Assurance reaches beyond process compliance, complements Systems Engineering, and enables mission assurance by proactively identifying and addressing areas where the adequacy of program plans, requirements, analyses, risk mitigation plans, certification/verification/validation/qualification approaches and process/product noncompliance have the potential to impact overall mission success. System Assurance Engineers leverage and interface with all other functions within Mission Assurance, as well as all Engineering functions.
This position will be to provide Systems Assurance support on Protected Communication Systems (PCS) programs as a member of the Mission Assurance organization. Engagements will concentrate on reviewing/approving and assessing risk on Engineering work products and will span all phases of the programs.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Provide an independent view of mission requirements and confirm the voice of the customer is embedded in system requirements and properly decomposed down to component level
* Independently verify the integrity of a design's analyses and test plans to catch design defects early
* Review and approve the Engineering program documentation, including specifications, requirements, drawings, test plans/procedures, instructions and standard operating processes prior to release for correctness to technical standards
* Ensure requirements and designs are poised for producibility, testability, reusability, reliability, safety, and maintainability
* Contribute to program milestone reviews, Independent Reviews (IRs) and peer reviews
* Verify the integrity of the integration, verification, and validation planning, integration and test environments, and hardware/software configurations under test
* Assure failures are reported in a timely manner, containment actions are taken, true root causes are identified, and corrective/preventative actions are implemented
* Ensure comprehensive hand-offs between Internal Research & Development (IRAD) efforts and receiving program (s)
* Provide an integrated perspective of programs' technical risk that considers criticality, system safety, reliability, test evaluation criteria, and adverse trends, and ensure consistent results whether work is performed by Raytheon or a Supplier
* Provide guidance on Systems Assurance best practices to less senior Mission Assurance and Systems Engineering personnel
* 10+ years of Quality and/or Engineering experience
* Detailed knowledge of Systems Engineering, Reliability, and Systems Safety practices
* Direct experience with requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
* Experience in multiple phases of the program / product life cycle
* A working knowledge of Quality Management Systems IS09001 and AS9100, and implementation of internal and contractual quality requirements
* Experience in risk & opportunity management, assessment, mitigation and capture
* Expertise in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills
* The ability to lead, coach and mentor others in routine settings and difficult situations including managing direct reports
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Demonstrated Applied Critical Thinking Skills
* Ability to Lead with Influence
* Experience with cross functional teams
* Experience with managing, interpreting, and assuring customer needs
* Ability to prioritize work load in a multi-tasking, resource constrained work environment
* Ability to collaborate with program team members to develop practical solutions to complex problems
* Working knowledge of Raytheon RCAS or a proven closed-loop corrective action system
* Experience with Raytheon IPDS/gating or program phasing (nonrecurring/recurring activities)
* Raytheon Six Sigma Principal Specialist or Expert; or Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
* Raytheon Mission Assurance (MA) Certification Level 4 or higher in System Assurance or MA Lead tracks; or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Technology
* Advanced Degrees in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or Technology
138858 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.